Diesel Place banner

Snow performance or what???

LBZ: 
2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  bigredchev69 
#1 ·
I'm looking at getting a snow mpg performance max kit or whatever it's called haha. But I don't know much about them. I want to try and get some better fuel milage with the kit. I have not looked at the website yet but I will. Is there any other kits out there that offer the same gains?
Thanks a lot for any info, I know this is pretty open-ended so thanks ahead of time!

#2 ·
If your looking for mpg gains the 'new' snow mpg max is NOT the one to do it with. The older ones, yes but not the one they are selling now.

Download the instruction/install manual and take a look at it

It says to set the injection start point at 4-5 psi ABOVE cruising boost level. Driving on the highway with mpgs as a goal I can drive all day and not hit 4-5 psi above cruising boost of 4 psi. I have emailed + talked to them on the phone about it many times. That is their answer. Set the system so it doesn't turn on. Makes sense if you don't think about it, right.

Well can't I just turn in down so the thing starts injecting during cruising boost levels? Yes but the controller will start overheating in about 10 - 15 minutes and on a long drive can fry itself in a couple hours.

The earlier versions of the mpg max could spray during cruising boost levels without overheating as reflected in the instruction manual.

Not sure if they got the vendors to change it or not yet, but xdp and alligator had the old description on their websites a few months ago, while Snow had the new description.

IMO the mpg/max their selling now is some serious misrepresentation, false claims of mpg gains, an overpriced turd paper weight is what you'll have if you're mainly looking for mpg gains out of it.

All that being said, you can modify the controller so that it can spray during cruising boost levels without overheating. But, I spent about $100 modifying the thing. And to drop $1000 on something and then another $100 + kill you're warranty is stupid when there's other products that may do the job, a lot cheaper

#3 ·
Well thanks! Haha that is some really good information about the new snow kit. I agree with you on spending $1000 and the even more and void the warrantee. Thanks a lot I will have to look around for the old kit. Do you have a part number or anything for it? Or know a vendor that still sells the old kit? Thanks, jimmy

#4 ·
No help on that. I'm trying to find an old controller working or not to compare the two.

I'd suggest looking at Labonte Dis-s4 or whatever it is called. I would have switched to that already. Stopped by his shop but missed him by 30 minutes or so. Seems he's MIA right now. Hopefully nothing serious...

#5 ·
Cool. I will check that out thanks alot for the info.

#6 ·
I looked into it and some people claim a 2MPG gain, not just the manufacturers. Change you driving habits to pick up the MPG. Driving 65 instead of 70 will give you the same gain and you can do it for free!

Labonte system install on a Duramax

Use 5 gallons of water/methanol to 30 gallons of diesel. How much are you actually saving?

Watch this video about pumps. Make sure your getting a recirculation pump, the demo makes sense to me.

#7 ·
Thanks for that. I have been looking at the lebonte Motorsports system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.