Diesel Place banner

Labonte Motorsports MIA

17K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  Bowtie Boy 
#1 ·
Has anyone contacted Labonte in the last month? I haven't been able to contact him about trying to purchase something.

#2 ·
Can't seem to get a hold of him. I have a couple of buddies looking to buy kits.

So i guess maybe Snow will get there business.

#5 ·
thats pretty lame. i need to order a new injector for my kit. mine blew out of the IC tube due to a shotty tapping job. :( haha oops.

#6 ·
I think any injector from any manufacturer will work. Try coolingmist.

#7 ·
Cool. Maybe I will do that. It sounds like I have a leaf blower under my hood when boost gets past 10psi. A 1/8th hole in the Ic tube isn't to awesome.

#9 ·
seems like there website is working. I would just order there. I ordered a injector a couple weeks ago off of the website and got it in 3 days!

#10 · (Edited)
I am having a hell of a time getting a hold of Dan... I bought a kit last year and needed to send a part back to be re-worked. He did tell me back in February that they were moving and gave me the new address to send my stuff back to:
Labonte Motorsports
12592 Tweed drive
Loves Park, IL 61111

I finally got the kit pulled and sent it off to themI haven't heard from him to find out when I will get it back and it's going on 3 weeks now...

lotsofmiles - was that the address you went to or the old one on their web site? if that shop isn't theirs then who has my parts, lol...

Oh and BTW, that address he gave looks like a residence when you look it up on google maps...

#12 ·
Just curious did you ever get your kit back? I have been trying to get a replacement controller for the S4 kit which I had sent back for repair and had returned only to leak again within the week, I even told him I would pay for the replacement to try to stimulate a speedy response. Well, the last time I was able to get a hold of him he told me "production is still behind I have been really busy" but that was 3 weeks ago and now the phone number says it is no longer in service and my controller leaks internally. I sure hope he resurfaces also as I would like to have a working system or I may go to someone elses product.

#14 ·
LaBonte

I have been trying to get in contact with Dan for 2 months. No luck via phone or email. My moniter went blank. This is the second time. My system has been in place for over a year with NO reduction in EGT's what so ever. Have talked to Dan countless times but nothing works. Anyone else have this problem?

#16 ·
I just got emailed from labonte mtorsports. It said that due to japan, it where some of the chips are made that at this time it was a 28 week waiting period for the chip. The chip is what he uses in his s4 controllers and that 28 weeks was not an official date either.

#18 ·
I haven't had much luck with their water injection. Screen was acting funny so I sent it back. Then they said it was fine so I pulled the controller out an sent it back. Sent me a new upgraded one to the S4 an my IDC was going crazy. Sent it back to be fixed an came back with the same issue. Finally got the EGT side of it hooked up now but still trying to fine tune it. I haven't tried to call them lately. Guess I wouldn't get to far with that anyway.

#19 ·
I had the same issue with my s4 when I got it. Sent it back and is working awesome now. I had to run mine on egt mode until new one got in. I guess u will have to do the same until u can get it back to him. When that might be I dont know. Good luck.

#20 ·
So does anyone know if he is selling the kits again? Or if he will be coming back in the near future? I sure hope he dident fall off the face of the earth for good.

#22 ·
I had not considered that the Japan disaster could have disrupted his manufacturing. Makes sense. Unfortunate that there is not another readily available supply. The older units were quite good as well, but took more wiring to hook up.

I have used both and VCS3G and S4 unit. The former worked great and never a problem. I 'upgraded' to the simpler installed S4 unit, and had some kind of firmware glitch. After many emails sent, Dan responded to send it back and he would repair it. He turned it around in just a few week. I assumed he just re-flashed the unit.

Website web store does not accept orders of any kind, and yes, the phone is disconnected.

The 'Tweed' address is where I sent the stuff. Unknown if that is a business or personal address. Somebody stop by and bring the guy a 6-pack!

Dan is an awfully nice guy, and I wish him well.

#29 ·
Update on my issue with them, I still never heard anything either by phone or email, but I got the controller in the mail last week. While looking it over, it doesn't look like the screws were even touched to take it appart to fix it, but at least I got it back. I will get it back in the truck soon to see if it still had the eratic IDC issue, so we'll see if he fixed it or not...

It would have been nice to get a note, call, or email since Dan has all my contact info, but at least I got my controler back...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.