Diesel Place banner

Ats waterboy question

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  lotsofmiles 
#1 ·
Im getting ready to pick up my new and first dmax in about 12 hours and it has the ats waterboy injection system and right now it's colder than hell where I'm at and also where I'm picking the truck up and I was wondering what also you guys use for liquid to put in the supply tanks for best power, reliability, not freezing and stuff of the sort I'm new to the whole diesel thing so much help is appreciated!!!

#3 ·
So do people use windshield wiper fluid??

#5 ·
So I just found out that the waterboy system is a water only system so is it still safe to run methanol mix in it??

#7 ·
Well what I'm getting at is since it's a water only system how would you keep it from freezing in the pump and also from freezing in the tank you almost have to mix it with something else like methanol

#9 ·
They also say it's a water only system but like I said how do you avoid freezing the pump and tank in the winter time.... Kind of a hole in the system I put boost juice in it anyways cause it was starting to get frozen chunks in it and it works just fine so I don't see the real issue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.