Diesel Place banner

windshield washer fluid vs. snow performance brand meth/water

17K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  lotsofmiles 
#1 ·
Whats the difference between wind shield washer fluid and using the snow performance brand water/meth mix? Is the snow performance brand more meth if so how much and will this create more power?

#3 ·
#4 ·
Thanks K20 for the info. That was helpful info.

#6 ·
I have ran a ton of windshield washer fluid thru mine. I've tried Methanol from a drum, and snow's concoction as well. Snow's and striaght methanol is extremely noticable on the power scale, like having another setting on your tuner ect.. Windshield washer fluid makes good power and works good for keeping egt's in check and cheap. Straight water works ok, slightly noticable on both power and cooling effect, and free. I use it for EGT control and some power while towing heavy loads. I live in the mountains of WY and EGT's are a real problem pulling in the mountains. I bet I've run 200 gallons of WWF thru mine. Some say it's hard on the motor or oil. I've had my oil tested and it's always been good. I just had the heads off recently and all is clean as a whistle, another benifit.
Try running diff ones yourself and you'll see. Be sure to stay with the blue WWF only!

#8 ·
Diesel Power Magazine did a good write up on this a few months back might be worth searching for ran dyno tests on WWF, Boost Juice, and a custom 75/25 mixa and shows alot of data

#9 ·
WWF can also clog your nozzels as it is not filtered to the level of SNOWs BOOST Juice.
also WWF fluid that protects below -20 degrees has stuff other than Meth. and water

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.