Diesel Place banner

Water/Meth making 70whp

4K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Shaman 
#1 ·
I am about to pull the trigger on a water/meth kit on my truck and am looking to get a few questions answered that I could not find online.

How much whp difference are you guys seeing when running 50/50 water and meth with large 500whp tunes. My trucks stats are listed in my sig below.

Also does anyone know where I can meth at a reasonable price in the northeast?

#2 ·
Anyone?

#3 ·
I've got it myself and swear by it! As for power with 50/50 it's noticable but dought 70hp at the wheel is realistic. I have heard 70hp at the flywheel is possible but you can probably cut that in half at the tires. It is noticable, and works good for keeping EGT's in check.

#5 · (Edited)
i gained 60 hp on the dyno, and close to 100 ft lbs torque :) washer fluid and some extra bottles of yellow heat.

#6 ·
i saw a noticeable difference in HP when spraying. my 160 tune while spraying felt like my 200 tune without. defintely lowers egt's as well. im selling my kit now that iv got twins. let me know if your interested. not sure where to get meth in northeast.

#8 ·
I like my W/M kit. But do some reading up about what to spray and what not too. I googled around and found a chemical place close to the house that I got a drum for $165. But that was a couple years ago.

#9 ·
I would really like to run pure methanol and distilled water. Running windshield washer fluid means I am going to be running water with minerals and stuff in it and possibly soaps. So i guess i'll have to find some one locally.

#11 · (Edited)
I ran Labonte's kit. Running WWF never hurt my truck and gave me an easy 2mpg. When I went to a dyno I'd run pure meth mixed with what was left of my W/M tank. The results were to say at least were evil. Whenever I ran pure meth my truck was naughty, half throttle would get me going sideways.

Also I'm Brandon from Dan Labonte's charts he posted.

#12 ·
I've saw (believe on here) pictures of mineral deposits in the engine from using regular water. That's what they use in WWF. I ran it for alil while till I heard the long term effects you could run into. But be careful running straight meth. I did blow a hose off at the track one night. I was spraying 50/50 all over the side of my motor and didn't know it. With just meth I would had probably need to call my insurance company.

#13 ·
I buy my methanol for bio-diesel production from Ashland Chemical in Pennsylvania. You have to have it shipped to a non-home based business. I have it shipped to a friends brickyard and just pick up there. I buy 4 55 gallon drums at a time.

#16 ·
A drum cost me 205 ttl here in Tx. Also about two mpg and lower egt's. I can tell there is more power but never dynoed to see how much.

#17 ·
can systems be mixed together?

I have a dinosaur '93 Isuzu FTR 26'flatbed camper haul n tow. Mileage to me is everything, of course. With my straight six 6.5 Liter TD (not the Chevy V8) my 174 Hp is terribly underpowered to push my 26'flatbed w/camper on top and camper behind. I get 7MPG with top speed of 63mph, 10MPG empty. Its an Allison 4sp. auto w/ 5.13 gears which might be part of the problem, but getting parts is near impossible and never a bargain. If I can develop more HP & TQ I'd like 4.56 or so gears.
If I had the Meth system installed and later installed a CNG or LPG booster would they work against each other or compliment each. I'd love to get below the $.57/mile I'm paying now (loaded), hopefully to below $.40 (empty). With CNG at $1.79+-GGE I think that alone would get me to driveability and $.40/mi loaded. Methanol would get it there alone I believe. I wonder if it'd get to .30-.35 with both. Anyone tried both? If not what are my expected results?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.