Diesel Place banner

New Water/Meth Install.

5K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  Shaman 
#1 ·
So I had been wanting a water/Meth system for a while, Snow IMO wants to much $, I called Labonte 5 times with no answer, while that may be ok for some, this W/M is new to me and if I need to talk to some body for tech support, than I need to talk. D.O. did not appeal to me.
So I called CoolingMist, I spoke with the owner for 30 min. He answered all my questions and took the time to talk with me. On 12/15 I Ordered the diesel build a kit with the EGT option and no tank, I already built a 9 gallon tank. Recived it a few days later, Put it under the tree. Opened it X-mas day, planing on installing it Thur 12/30. 1 part was missing, so I sent Coolingmist a E-Mail at 9 am on X-Mas day, David (the owner) responded within a hour apologizing and sent the part out on Mon. Had it at my House Wed.
Mounted my 9 gal. tank in the tool box along with the pump(pic). Installed the 12.8 GPH injector in the intake right before the boost sensor(pic). I put the controler under the cup holder(pic). So I can adjust it easy but can keep it out of site as well.
Running 75% water 25% Meth. I have it set to come on at 7 psi and 750* EGT, at 25% pump output. Then up to 100% pump out put at 25psi and 1300* EGT.
I have called 2 more times with tech questions and David answered and was great.
On New Years day I orderd a few more things and He responded the same day.
With my 540 whp tune the EGT's would get to 1500*~1600*(by the end of a dyno pull) pretty quick, now the highest I see is 1350*
I will say I am very happy with the system and with CoolingMist.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
can you set it to come on at a boost AND egt point, or is it one or the other? It's both. Both minimums need to be met, For me it's 7 psi and 750* EGT's, then it's a 2D map in the controller up to the maximum programed in the controller. Then you can assign a % to give EGT or boost more or less imput, 50% is equal.

how does it get its readings? The EGT option includes a EGT signal amplifier, that ties into your EGT probe wires.

You'll like the meth for sure!
I only wish I got it sooner. :D

#6 ·
The DO controller did not appeal to me. I like a digital read out on the controller. I want to have the ability to inject based on boost and EGT at the same time.

#9 ·
So I replaced the 12.8 gph injector with a 10 gph and set the controller the come on a little sooner at 5 psi and 700* egt.
Works great for street, but I will put the 12.8 gph back in when towing or dyno-ing. I also installed a 90*elbow going into the intake for a cleaner look (pic). The kit comes with a 40 micron fiter and check-valve to install close to the injector but I wanted one for before the pump. So I installed a 40 micron filter coming out of the tank (pic).

Sure would like to see more pics of W/M systems, injector placement, tanks, controllers, solenoids ect.

Attachments

#12 ·
your set up looks nice! Looking to do something similar. Did you see a very noticeable increase in power?

#13 ·
your set up looks nice! ~Thanks~ Looking to do something similar. Did you see a very noticeable increase in power?
I only run a 25% meth 75% water mix so the power increace is there but small.
I got mine for EGT temps, works great for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.