Diesel Place banner

Which Water/Meth kit for drag racing/pulling

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  dhardy1357 
#1 · (Edited)
My truck is set up with a s475 turbo, Dual fuelers, My truck pegs the gauge with little effort drag racing and pulling, ive hung up the pulling for awhile but would like to know which kit to buy. I know i need a high pressure pump to fight the boost pressure im running but which kit is good enough. I really don't want to melt any pistions so I don't know how much egt's i can drop with a kit. I have looked at the labonte, snow, coolmist, They all look nice. I plan on using the stock washer fluid tank becuase its for competition only. I would really like to get egts around the 1300-1400 range but don't know if its possible with a off the shelf kit. Thanks, Eric

#2 ·
The snow kit doesn't even say and estimated drop in egt's lol thats funny to me cooling mist claims up to 350* and labonte claims up to 300* im sure both kits are fairly similar.

#4 ·
I think the devil`s own, coolingmist, snow, and labonte will all do what you want. They all use the same pump, and fittings, so the nozzles and controller will really be about the only big difference. Do you want the flow controlled by boost, or by EGT? What is your maximum boost pressure?

#5 ·
I haven't data logged for boost but assume its around 45-50psi. I probably want it to come on by egt for racing. If i wait for boost it might be to late to start cooling things down.

#8 ·
im selling my labonte stage III set very soon if your interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.