Diesel Place banner

27 gallon meth tank :)

4K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  lotsofmiles 
#1 ·
Got a new setup for my meth. 27 gallon tank, measures 8x16x54. Fits nice acroos the bed right next to my aux fuel tank
Tee'd it into the 7 gallon tank with on off valves and ran a sending unit to a fuel gauge for the level

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good......ya wont be fill that thing often.

#10 ·
Im interested were you got the tank. I think it would work for truck.

#11 ·
Tank is a Valterra 6054. Valterra.com has other sizes. I ordered it off Amazon.

Tanks is ABS and some have said its not compatible with H20/meth. Others have told me in might weaken after some time.

Right now I have pieces of the ABS I cut out for the fill holes soaking in different percentages of H20/meth. After about a month or more the one piece soaking in 100 percent meth still looks the same, hasn't softened, and still has the burrs in it from being cut. So I guess time will tell...

#13 ·
The baffling would be hard to get a pic of, but I'll try. Tank is full right now, but after I run it down I should be able to stick my hand down the fill hole with the camera.

Can't remember how many are in it. Seems to me there are at least 2, about 16-20 inches from the ends. I remember not wanting to hit them when I put fill holes in.

Basically they are a wall that runs top to bottom with holes in it to allow the fluid to flow past, but slow down the sloshing

#17 ·
thanks for the pics. My tank is 4 liters, and a windshield wiper fluid bottle turned on it's side with a check valve attached to a hose barb for a vent. At 650cc, I can't even imagine using 27 gallons of fuel in the time you probably go through that much water/meth

#20 ·
depends on the day.

Last trip was 2 days, 1 night out, MI to Iowa and back. Still have 1/2 tank or so left.

Trip before that was about 1600 miles round trip, 2 days, and big tank was pretty low. I think it took about 23 gallons to fill. I was towing 7-8000 lbs one way, and spraying almost the entire trip

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.