Diesel Place banner

propane in a 6.2 n/a

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  damutt 
#1 ·
i was thinking about running propane on my 6,2 but was wondering how do hook it up and is it worth it for mpg,hp, and tq?

#2 ·
X2 on that question for me, no one really gives good answers about propane in the 6.2. I mostly hear don't do it. anyone ever run propane in a 6.2?

#3 ·
I used it on my 6.5 when I wasn't getting boost because of a bad boost control solenoid. It gives around a 35% increase in power, so you should get 40 or 50 more hp. My daughter took it on a trip while that solenoid was bad and was able to get 30 mpg on diesel, so it was able to give more than a 50% increase in mileage. You can't throw alot of propane at it because of detonation since it is indirect injection, but it should help both mileage and power.

#4 ·
yeah im not looking for anything crazy, although i will be turbocharging my truck also so im sure that makes a big difference as to how little propane i can run, im not looking for HUGE hp changes just better 20+ miles per gallon would be nice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.