Diesel Place banner

Nitrous switch HELP

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  IGO1320 
#1 ·
okay I have put together a nitrous system from some existing parts off a power shot system I had on gas hotrod. I basically wired in a pressure switch(attached to the throttle pedal) to a relay then to my nitrous and purge solenoids.My problem is that when I test the system I can hear the nitrous solenoid click when I first trigger the pressure switch then when I lift off and press it again right away it does not click. I can press my purge button as fast as I want and hear it click every time(they are hooked to the same ground) If I lift off the throttle and wait a couple seconds then *click* but it will only click if I wait the couple seconds. Why isn't the solenoid engaging every time I put power too it? I tested it on the bench with my battery charger and it worked just fine....I remember why I took the nitrous off the hot rod now...:eek: I haven't been able to actually run the system because I still have to mount the bottles and run the lines....

#2 ·
Do relays usually take a couple seconds to power down then power back up. They use electro magnetism right???Thats all I can think of....

#3 ·
The solenoid should click on and off as fast as you supply or remove power...what brand is the solenoid?

#6 ·
well I took out the relay, running off fused power now, seems to work great.

#8 ·
Use a Bosch style relay. 20/30 amp are sold for powering up auxillary lights at parts stores. A switch is not dependable for running the power thru.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.