Diesel Place banner

nitrous location

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  mtnbike4522 
#1 ·
Hey I am thinking about putting a small shot of nitrous in my '03. I have never used nitrous with a turbo charged vehicle and am wondering what is the best place for the nozzle. Should it be before the turbo, before/after the intercooler, in the intake horn, etc??

#3 · (Edited)
sorry I forgot to mention, I have already looked thoroughly through that forum and nothing on this particular topic, lots on where to mount bottle/solenoids but nothing for nozzles that I was able to find....I will repost there

#4 ·
No need, Moved to Propane, Nitrous, & Water Meth.

#5 ·
on both my trucks i stuck it in just before the y bridge and seems to work awesome on the lb7. hav'nt hit the go button yet on the lbz but will be soon. hav'nt tried putting it preturbo.

#6 ·
the "Y bridge"?? you mean in the intake manifold or before that???

#7 ·
sorry havnt looked at this for a while. on the lb7 pass. side where the intercooler pipe connects to the "y-bridge". the y bridge is the aluminum bridge that connects the intake cups on each head. i drilled/tapped an 1/8 npt hole in the top of the y bridge for the nozzle. just stuff an old tube sock down in the ybridge past where you are going to drill the hole and then suck all the shavings out with a vacuum before you pull out the tube sock. there are a couple pics of the my lb7 install in my garage.

#8 · (Edited)
The best place is post intercooler (the cool side) or pass. side of the engine bay. You'll want the put the nozzle somewhere around the connection of the IC pipe to the intake bridge (the short piece of blue plumbing in that area but not in the hose itself) or you can put it down lower if your after a more steatlh look. Some will tell you different but if and where you do mount the nozzle bung make sure you have a slight angle towards the direction of airflow as you will recive a smoother flow instead of a straight (90deg) shot directly into the airflow. Also here's another piece of advice you can fit a 10lb bottle behind the back seat of a crew cab or if you'll feel safer remove the spare tire and hide it back there. All ways remember to start with a small shot and work your way up until the smoke clears and thats the sweet spot. Now if you want to go further be for warned parts will start flying:rolleyes:.

#10 ·
i know its a little late but there is where i put mine. also drilled and tapped an extra hole for future expansion

Just curious but are you using the hobbs switch for your nitrous or water/ meth?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.