Diesel Place banner

How much = mpg+?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  skyler48 
#1 ·
Assuming a 50/50 mix (water/alcohol) how much do you use for how much of a mileage gain? Trying to figure out if the mpg increase and saving of diesel is worth the cost of the alcohol. Anyone know? Thanks.

#3 ·
Do you?

#6 ·
Well back on topic, some of you that run water/meth how much do you use relative to how much mileage increase do you get?

#7 ·
With our DIS-S3 system usually see about 1 gallon of fluid usage every 75miles. Typical mpg gains are 1-2 city, 2-3hwy and 3-5 towing.
http://www.labontemotorsports.com/store/ccp0-prodshow/DIS-S3.html

I suspect based on the tubular shape of the above hydrogen generator that the internal plates are just stainless steel washers. It will run for a little while until the washer all corrode up and then stops working. You will need to make about 6L/min of hydrogen to get much benefits on a Duramax.

#8 ·
Not having one personally (yet), but have friends that run them (1 cummins, 1 powerstroke, & 2 D'max). None of them had any fuel mileage increase. The water provided decreased egt's, and the meth provided a little more power.
For fuel economy, look at propane. Only 1 of my friends (cummins driver) has that, and he picked up 3 mpg with his mega cab dually running 37" tires and stock gearing. I have read on these forums, that others get higher fuel mileage by playing with the regulator on the propane.

#9 ·
Come on.....there must be some of you that run water/meth! Tell me how it works for you and whether or not you get a mileage boost.

#10 ·
labonte water meth work awesome havnt calc mpg but same trips pulling fifth wheel with and without water meth use to use 3/8 tank now use 1/4 tank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.