Diesel Place banner

water meth = blown head

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  dhardy1357 
#1 ·
k guys ive been thinking about getting water meth for a while and from what i can see its all good and no bad for the motor. however just the other day a friend told me not to do it. he said he knows a guy who put it in his ps 6.0 and blew the head. he said i shouldnt run w/m with out head studs. so is this bs or what? i havent read or heard anything else like that so far. what r ur thoughts??

#2 ·
k guys ive been thinking about getting water meth for a while and from what i can see its all good and no bad for the motor. however just the other day a friend told me not to do it. he said he knows a guy who put it in his ps 6.0 and blew the head. he said i shouldnt run w/m with out head studs. so is this bs or what? i havent read or heard anything else like that so far. what r ur thoughts??
If it's the 6.0L Ford your talking about, well they blew head gaskets if you so much as looked at them funny. Your D-max would be fine.

#3 ·
ditto. 6.0s are notorious for blowing head gaskets.

#4 ·
When I had my ford I was always on the forums and they were all against W/M. They all said just run water. maybe its a ford thing. But I think 6.0 came from the factory with blown head gaskets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.