Diesel Place banner

Water Methanol Injection

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Mike_S 
#1 · (Edited)
I was wanting to know about water methanol injection, is it hard on an engine in the long run, how much they cost? and what exactly does it do?,, and what are some ways i can blow ALOTTT of black smoke, i turned my injection pump and boost up a little,, it blows some but NOT enough. :)

#4 · (Edited)
Look through some of the posts on the Propane, Nitrous, & Water Meth section. There are a couple threads in there with guys stating they've been running water meth for however long with no engine problems. You will also find a lot of good info in there on the systems.
Some guys run water meth to keep egts down when running hot tunes. Some also run it for better fuel mileage and also for increased power.
Water meth is not going to give you more smoke. Usually it cleans smoke up.

Your also going to want to fill out your sig so people know what you are running and can help you out better.

#5 ·
It will add hp no matter what % of methanol. I only got more smoke running 100% methanol. I get lower EGTs and better mileage with 30-70 mix.

#12 ·
It will add hp no matter what % of methanol. I only got more smoke running 100% methanol. I get lower EGTs and better mileage with 30-70 mix.
Are you serious? You should NEVER run 100 percent methanol in this situation...you're lucky you didn't damage something.

#7 ·
a couple questions.

1. for the basic man running a turbo back straight pipe,a econ. tuner and a trasgo jr (not a full suncoast) what is the best option for him? stage 3?

2.how hard is the install and what is involved in it?

#8 ·
1. I like the stage 3 for the amount of adjustability, its more $ but you'll recoup the savings eventually. I figured I broke even after 20k miles.

2. Hardest part is tapping the intake for the nozzles. The rest is just wiring. Take maybe 3 hours to do, depending on how much you drink.

#9 ·
well that was a good read. I now know alot more about water/meth.

chev.

#11 ·
not at all. It cleared up alot of questions I had. I'm sure there is alot more to it then what was said. but still learned.

chev.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.