Diesel Place banner

n2o install ?

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  mishsel 
#1 ·
I read through the sticky and did not find any solid answers, so where does everybody have their solenoids mounted for a nice clean install. i put my bottle in last night but cant decide where i want to put the other parts.

also, where is the best place to tap for the nozzle?

#2 ·
I have been talking about this for a while now and from what i have heard in the intercooler is a good place for the nozzles. as faar as the solenoids go, should be able to find somewhere in the engine bay for it

#4 ·
check out my garage for my 03 chevy i have a pic in there showing how i installed my solenoid. you have an lbz but you should still be able to mount it to the map sensor bolt like i did mine. my lbz dually had the nitrous port tapped in the back flatside of the intake right above the egr opening and it was kind of hard to change out jets. with where i have it tapped on lb7 jet change is less than 30 seconds.

#6 ·
I'd say the AC lines would be the easiest place to mount.

#7 ·
For the "hidden" look:

-Pull your airbox out by removing one hose clamp and pulling straight up on the box.
-Unbolt the metal tray that is under the airbox you removed.
-Bolt the soloniod or solonoids to the underside of the metal tray.
-Route the small nitrous line or lines to the intercooler (passenger side).
-Route the large nitrous line wherever you want. I liked loostening the 10mm bolts that hold the insulation for the bottem of the cab.

I did not come up w/ this on my own but I mounted the nitrous kit I bought but never wired it or used it. I am debating selling it or using it when I come back home in June.

#8 ·
Just curious this maybe a dumb question but is it possible to mount a 10lb bottle behind the back seat in a crew cab or is there not enough room?

#9 ·
i doubt there is enough room...

#10 ·
Shane704 the way I see it is the back of the seat will give a little because its just a cloth overlay and it will flex. The only thing I worry about is the base of the mounting brackets being to wide and not letting the seat close all the way.

#11 ·
LBZ's may be a lil different but just by lookin at it, on my LMM i dont think a bottle would fit

#12 ·
Well Shane704 I was actually think about putting in on the 2002 in my sig. I've got big plans later for both trucks lol. The 2002-2006 interiors are pretty much the same as far as the room behind the backseat goes so I was just trying to figure out weither or not a bottle and the brackets would fit back there so it will be hidden from sight lol.

#13 · (Edited)
im not real familiar with n2o but maybe you could use a long skinny bottle that they use for some other compressed gases (oxygen maybe). I have no idea if this will work, just thinking out loud

im with you tho, if i had one I would want it to be very well hidden!!! hehe

#14 ·
Well shane I made a few phone calls and found out that yes a 10lb bottle will fit behind the seat in a crew cab of my year model. I'm not sure about the NBS interior though.

#15 ·
well thats good news...wait...no its not!!!! now i gotta start savin again:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.