Diesel Place banner

7 Gallon Meth tank backflush adapter

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  lotsofmiles 
#1 ·
I know this probably isnt an issue for most, but I've found the filter in the tank gets clogged every 20-30,000 miles.

I got tired of unscrewing the nut off the tank, cleaning it, re-gooping it and re-installing it so I came up with this.

Any hardware store should have what you need.

1/4 compression adapter with npt threads on the other side.
adapters the get it up to garden hose size
teflon tape
and some extra meth line

I usually park on the back yard while I wash the truck. So now when I do I'll hook up the garden hose and do a back flush.
Attached Images

See less See more
#2 ·
You should not have to rely on goop to keep thinks sealed up. If you need goop it is a poor design IMOA. Don't see much goop usage in any other areas of the fuel system/line.

If you are in the area again stop by, now have an external install tank tap fitting with mesh screen. Simple to remove and re-install for cleaning and no goop needed to seal.

#3 ·
The 7 gallon tanks all look pretty similiar. At least the one on your site + vid looks the same as my black 7 gal tank.
Its the plastic npt fitting that screws into the tank I've been using the goop e6000 on it. Not needing to goop it would be easier.

Saw some billboards for a bar/grille over there that looked preety good. I'll have to try to get thru during a decent time on day

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.