Diesel Place banner

bad snow stage 2 controller

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Labonte MotorSp 
#1 ·
i hae the snow performance stage II methanol system, and the controller has been a nightmare!, after having the system working great for roughly a year, the boost pressure barb on the controller (that you hook up the boost pressure hose from the manifold too to read boost) it broke off some how, i do not know really just noticed the methanol was'nt spraying inspected the system and found that, well called snow they said to send it to them and i pay shipping but they'd fix it! well they had it 2 dam months!! finally sent it back and all they'd done was glue the boost pressure barb back on!!! and charged me $16 shipping. well it worked a little while like this, then just quit working. hot wired the pump it works, so hooked up a aircompressor gun to the boost pressure hose going into the controller! put in all the way up to 45 psi, it wont spray! so the controller's messed up. called snow, they say the controller is $205 but they'l send me the controller and a new wiring harness that i supposably need for $175 shipped. so guess i'm just gonna have to do that. what yal think??

#2 ·
is it not still under warranty they should go good for it at least help you out more than that. If not give Dan a call at labonte motorsports can not say enough about that company.

#3 ·
they say it's outta warranty i bought it little over a year ago, dont feel like it should be outta warranty! i've heard alotta good about labonte wish i'd gone with it. and dont see how dan @ labonte will help me get this squared away when it's a snow kit?

#4 ·
not saying dan would help you with the snow I was tring to say if you have to spend that kind of money on a controller you should look at Dan kits because who is to say once you by another snow contoller it is not going to happen again thats all

#5 ·
oh yeah i looked at dans kits on here last night, the controller, pump tubing and all look identical to snow's kit, both offer a screen with stage 3, i just liked labonte's 11 gallon framerail tank, but $369 is alotta money fpr a methanol tank

#6 ·
did just see that labone's stage 3 kit includes 250psi pump my snow stage to pump was 150psi, also notced labonte's stage 3 kit had 6 gallon tank, wonder if they'd subtract that 6 gal. tank and add on the 11 gal. frame rail tank.

if so i'l order my snow controller and sale my complete snow kit to a friend and get the labonte stage 3 kit with the frame rail 11 gal. tank

#7 ·
for a little extra money he would give him a call or email he will get back to you right away excellent service.

#8 · (Edited)
def. gonna get in touch with him! thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.