Diesel Place banner

Problem with Snow Stg III Mpg Max

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  calereeves 
#1 ·
I've put about 40k trouble-free miles on my MPG-Max setup from Snow. A couple of weeks ago I mixed a fresh batch of 50/50 and went on a road trip with a couple of 5-gallon cans in the bed. When I went to refill the tank after about 300 miles of driving, it was still full. I thought "my bad...must have set it wrong." Nope. Had it set to turn on at 5 psi and 30 psi for power mode (didn't want it to come on.) I was running about 8-10 psi boost down the highway, and the controller said I was injecting about 35-50% depending on loading, which is right where I wanted it. Next thought was that since the controller says its injecting, but there's nothing coming out, there must be a plug in the line somewhere... pull the line off feeding the solenoid, and there's plenty of fluid at the solenoid, and when the pump kicks on, it sprays out pretty good from the line. Ok... now I'm stumped. No blockages between the tank and the solenoid, controller says it's injecting, but still nothing from the other side of the solenoid. Guess it must be a problem with the solenoid. So I probe the power input on the solenoid and guess what-- no power signal to the solenoid. Thought maybe there was a bad spot in the wire somewhere between the controller and the solenoid, so I start tracing it out... I probed the connection between the factory pigtail and the wire to the solenoid, and I'm getting no output signal from the controller.The controller tells me that it's injecting at 35-50% but it's never sending the power to open the solenoid. Any suggestions?Thanks,Cale

See less See more
#2 ·
Not real sure what happened with this post...I had it broken down in paragraphs so it was easy to read and the formatting got dropped...now I can't even edit my post...

#6 ·
Its the controller itself, not a clogged nozzle. The controller was no longer under warranty, and i'd have to pay for a replacement, but they gave me a great deal. I still haven't done anything with it yet since I'm leaving for Iraq for 6 months, and dropping a few hundred on a controller doesn't make a lot of sense right now.

I've been very happy with the operation of the Snow unit until now, and their customer service was great, so I'm in no hurry to switch to another brand, however, when I get ready to buy a new controller, I'll definitely compare the capabilities of the Labonte unit to the Snow unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.