Diesel Place banner

LB7 and a lil Spray once in a while? :)

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Robby Avery 
#1 ·
so after being surrounded by cummins up where i live and watchin them throw 150 shots of nos on them all day on top of big chargers and p-pumps makin 500 or 600 plus to the wheels before nos! and im super jealous that down the line when i have a tranny nd EFI that i wont be able to throw a 100 or 150 shot on my truck...jus for fun, and to have that extra switch u know? haha. my question is...with say a 525hp EFI live tune...what are the odds of my rods shrinking like instantly? or what else would go if i sprayed it once in a while? does anybdody run a set up like this?

#4 ·
ru serious!? i had no idea a 550rwhp tune and a 150 shot of nitrous would cook an allison!?? i bought this truck casue it had the mighty allison! lol ;)...AFTER i get my tranny build and a bunch of supporting mods...

#6 ·
im pretty sure you can only put about 600 horse to the wheels before you start to bend rods. read it in a diesel power a while back where it showed pictures and everything.

#7 ·
Moved to Propane, Nitrous, & Water Meth.

#8 ·
Well with the proper tuning and a good cp3 you can spray once in awhile but take it for what its worth the engine and trans will be on borrowed time if left stock. Take John Kennedy for example he made 500 something hp with fuel and 700 something hp with spray and his fine tuning. It's possible to do but I wouldn't recommend it unless you have really deep pockets and plan on dumping some serious money into an engine build some time in the near future. JMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.