Diesel Place banner

Direct Nitrous Injection?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  calereeves 
#1 ·
Now, I realize in asking this that the cost of such a system would be EXTREMELY expensive and require copious amounts of work, HOWEVER, is there such thing out there as a direct nitrous injection system? IE, one that is metered and injected directly into the cylinders the same as a direct injection fuel system. Just a curiosity point here, not that I'm considering anything like that, its just a thought that I had. A system that is nearly infinitely meter-able like our diesel injection, controllable to the millisecond of pulse width, and fraction-of-a-degree timing.... Imagine the tunability of such a system... Anything like this being used in the all-out world of outlaw 10.5, or pro-mod or anything like that? Again, just curious...

#2 ·
what would this gain us? Nothing in my own opinion...because its a diesel engine. ;)

JMO

ben

#3 ·
The precise amount of nitrous necessary for the amount of fuel you've put into the cylinder, thus keeping cylinder pressures as low as possible. Every bit of extra nitrous you've got thats just "extra" is only increasing the cylinder pressure, though I'm not sure how significant the increase is...

I guess this would be more beneficial on a gasser where the lambda is so important.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.