Diesel Place banner

meth on stock 2002

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Labonte MotorSp 
#1 ·
I am doing some spring dreaming and was wondering if I could add a meth kit to a stock 2002 with the Edge system. I would keep the Edge on the lowest setting. And can you run windshield washer fluid with no problems, I had seen old posts that said to avoid tap water due to deposits in the heads. Is this adding more power than a stock engine or allison could handle?

#2 ·
You will gain HP and lower EGTs on a water/meth kit. Labonte sells them and is a vendor here. Also many other vendors sell his kit as well as others. It would work. It be most beneficially on towing. As to more than an Allison can do I suggest you call Labonte and they could tell you the best nozzle setup and settings to use to make you feel safe.

Brian

#3 ·
Just like everything else, be smart when you use it.

I've had h20/meth on mine for almost 100,000 miles now. engine is stock and trans is/was stock until I added a transgo about 50K ago.

I only run distilled water and not any tap water or WWS in mine. I have a few threads and oil analysis on the topic. Not an expert by any means, I'm just trying to put 2 and 2 together to get 4

#4 ·
Just like everything else, be smart when you use it.

I've had h20/meth on mine for almost 100,000 miles now. engine is stock and trans is/was stock until I added a transgo about 50K ago.

I only run distilled water and not any tap water or WWS in mine. I have a few threads and oil analysis on the topic. Not an expert by any means, I'm just trying to put 2 and 2 together to get 4
Thanks for the responces I would not run tap water as our well water has some iron in it. I will look further into the wws or does anyone know if it has any crud in it? I would assume not. Also is there any ideas on places for a 6 gal tank other than the bed? I'll have to pm Labonte to get some starting points.

#6 ·
the only water to run in the system is the purest water you can get. Preferably DI water or RO. Distilled is next in line. Using tap water, ever through a PuR filter, will have hard water deposits and iron build-up. All the different minerals in tap water will eventually build up in the motor and cause issues. I plan on running DI water with 25% meth when I get my set up. I get the DI from work, helps allot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.