Diesel Place banner

A little methanol = Big Power Gains

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Labonte MotorSp 
#1 ·
Brandon of Peoria IL puts his '06 Duramax diesel on the dyno and makes some serious power running 100% methanol with the DIS-S3. An increase of 105hp and 124 ftlb of torque with no additional tuning!! We do not recommend you try this at home, but if you want your Duramax to sound (and perform) like an F-14 check out DP member bml2200 for the list of mods to his truck. Thanks Brandon for the use of your truck for verification testing and special thanks to Corey at Simpson Performance for use of their dyno.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Dang good info I'm glad to hear he did that good congrats

#4 · (Edited)
bml2200's truck has some of our older style nozzles in it, M12 and M8 if I recall, also has one of the 150psi pump. Might be able to break 700hp going to the 250psi pump and two M14 nozzles :)

It was unbelievable the way that truck sounded when the straight meth kicked in. We all looked at each other and then ran to the computer to see the results of what just took place.

#5 ·
That was pretty sweet, when the meth did kick in, you would think it would smoke less but it smoked more. Great times! Got any videos Dan?

#7 ·
what did the egt's look like?

#9 ·
your kit is on my list trying to get some kits presold so i can my dealer stuff in :) i'll try the 100% on my lb7 an see what it yeilds

#10 ·
Hae fun putting a hole in your piston guys... I'll stay with 25% :lol:

105/120 is a big jump in power, but the extra timing and egt's worries me. Im not going to spray that much..

Also, nice that the water meth nozzels are before th eair intake heater... I would think that the heater would disturb the flow of the W/M..

#12 ·
Good point, thats going to get deleted pretty soon though. I should have mounted the nozzles after the IAH.

#14 ·
So what did the EGTs shoot up to?

#16 ·
Do you use Duramaxtuner.com for tuning ??

#18 ·
Thought so.....I caught you at Nick's over the summer while you were waiting for your "lope" tune :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.