Diesel Place banner

HELP!!!!!!Water meth. HELP!!!!!!

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Labonte MotorSp 
#1 ·
ok my water meth kit just screwed me. it just dumped god knows how much water meth in my motor while it wasn't running... how do I fix this.. what problems will this cause? will it just sit in there or will it evaporate? or what?

#2 ·
well just went to drain my tank so I could take this system off... and yeah it probably dumped a lill under a half a gallon.... I'm screwed.

#3 ·
Wow....How did that happen? Dont know if it would work with a diesel. But mabey take out the glow plugs and turn it over. Thats what I do with 4wheelers and spark plugs after sinking 'em. Oil and all will probably need to be changed too.

#4 ·
I don't know either a short in the wires/switch... cause I'd sent the module back to Labonte and they said it checked out ok... I'm thinking I might have to take the injectors out... which is going to be a *****... I'm waiting on a call from merchant right now and I hope he can calm me down casue I'm fearing the worse..

#5 ·
Well I think aslong as you havent tried to crank it with water on top of your pistons you shuold be fine. The trick is going to be getting the water out safely.

#6 ·
I've tired to crank it. That was before I knew just how much water meth was in it... it kinda made a rugh rugh clang sound like it was trying to start and the found the cylinder with the most water in it. haven't done anything else to it since. I'm probably screwed.. that's just my luck.

#7 ·
Well I talked to Eric and I was told to glow plug trick will work... I'm heading to the shop to try this out... hopefully nothing internal was hurt. I'll post back.

#8 ·
The Beast lives... Thank God. no signs or sounds of damage.

#10 ·
Yeah that's kinda scary. Some of us is running the bigger tanks. I'd hate to pump 6 or 7 gallons into my engine. Glad you got that thing running with no problems.

#13 ·
I'm pretty sure there's a sort in the wiring somewhere...or in the toggle switch. I didn't have time today to check it out as I was more worried with getting the truck running again.

Funny thing is I'd had this system straight wired and it worked great, you just had to be a WOT when you flipped the switch... I did this when the module was sent back to labonte's. I got the module back and they said it checked out fine. But my racing season was over so I didn't put it back on the truck till yesterday cause I don't really use it any other time. Everything seemed to be ok the truck started and the injection light for the kit never came on so I figured it was good... I waited and cycled the key a few times and nothing... I went in the house to get my Diesel Place hoodie and head to the girl friends and when I went to turn the truck on the injection light was showing full injection... so I freaked out, I don't know if it had been injecting since the time I went to get my hoodie or if it just did it from the time I turned the key... cause half a gallon is a lot to inject in that short amount of time. I'll probably take it off the truck tomorrow and check all the wires and the switch. If I can't find anything I may still leave it off... I'm planning on twins this winters so I can go with out the 70hp this kit gave me till then.

#12 ·
Well as for a note to others... if this was to ever happen to you. Try to get to system shut off as fast as possible. Then check your tank to see how much meth you dumped in to your motor... if it's a lill then you can probably and safely start your motor and burn it out, but don't just trust me, check with someone that deals with diesel engines all the time. also don't panic and try to start it if there was a lot dumped in your motor. You'll need to pull the glow plugs and hang crank the motor to push the water/meth out. It wouldn't hurt to take your intercooler boots off at there lowest point... (I got like a pint out of there.) once you know you got most of the water/meth out with hand cranking you can turn the motor over with the starter a few times to make sure almost all of it is gone. Re-install your glow plugs and start it... it will blow white smoke till it burns the remaining water/meth out. Once your truck stops smoking white it's a very good idea to change the oil and filter. After all that you should be good. I hope this might help someone else down the road..

#16 ·
Depending on what wires might have shorted that could damage the controller electronics.

Send your controller back and will replace with new redesigned box. The controllers have been beefed up with additional protection and fault detection to withstand dead shorts, any incorrect wiring, or automotive transients per SAE test specs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.