Diesel Place banner

Is water meth for me??

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  RussbadDmax 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have had my truck for a little over a year...and what a fun years it's been. I have done most of the "normal" little add ons for looks and some power. Instead of asking for help from yall on here, I have added bolt-ons, just to take them off 3 months later because I'm adding something else that dosen't work together or didn't do what I thought it would.

I'm tried of wasting money....So my questions is: Is water meth for me? My truck is my daily driver. My driving is 60% in town and 40% freeway. I tow maybe once a month and that is less than 10,000lbs. I have a little bit of a heavy left foot, but not all the time. I don't race nor do I pull.

I guess I'm wondering if the water meth system would ever turn on?? Or at the end of a couple of tanks of fuel, I only used 1 oz of water/meth solution?? I have read that the water meth systems active by either boost readings or egt reading...or ???

I like the idea of better mileage and the extra horsepower. And I don't mind spending money, as long as I get a good return. If this will work for my style of driving, I'm all for it. But, if this system is more for trucks that tow all the time, drag race, or pull then it's not for me. Then I can take $1000 and spend it on something else.

Thank you for all your time.

See less See more
#2 ·
The Labonte system I got is almost always spraying. It has two main injection nozzles and one pre-injection nozzle for mileage. The main nozzles turn on at a set boost level for when I floor it. I go through 6 gallons of water meth in about 1000-1200 miles. You can pretty much use a water meth set up with any other mod out there.

#3 ·
Hey, thanks for the info. That was my biggest question. So, do you really notice a mileage and or horsepower again??

I see in your signature you have quit a bit more performance mods than I do. And the water meth works good with all them?? Someday I hope to be where you are!! Nice dyno numbers by the way...makes me jealous :D

#4 ·
Thanks. Definite mileage gain if you drive sensibly, 2-3 mpg more I've noticed. Water meth hasn't interfered with any of the other mods on the truck. The water meth can add anywhere from 15-110 hp to the wheels, just depends on how crazy you want to get with the methanol concentration.

#7 ·
Hey, can you do me a favor. Can you send me a link to the system you are running? I looked up their site and they had several to offer.

Is there any reason you went with them instead of Snow? Cost, better equipment, better delivery system or was it just preference?

When you say how crazy you want to go with the meth...I assuming you are talking about going more than a 50/50 solution?? How much is too much??

Once again, thanks for sharing your opion and experience with us :)

#6 ·
i always though that water/meth was mostly to keep egts low when towing, racing, or sled pulling hard. sure looks like these guys are seeing great gains with just daily driving. might have to look into it.

#8 ·
Yes, this was my exact thought also. However, now I’m definitely going to do some serious checking into this system.

That’s why I love this site. Just an awesome amount of knowledge and experience out there that can save all of us time and money. And the biggest thing…to cut through the BS advertising out there :rolleyes:.

#10 ·
Mileage will vary depending on the methanol concentration used, the way the system is setup, the atomization of the fluid, etc. A 30-50 percent concentration of methanol is ideal, because it has large gains while being a relatively cheap fluid.

The nice thing about a properly setup system is that it does not need to inject constantly. For instance, when cruising unloaded on the freeway, injection is not really neccesary, and the system can conserve fluid. However, under any load state higher than that, a small amount of injection will have a larger benefit. Typically if you are using a gallon of fluid every 150 miles or so in mixed driving (wihtout towing) you will see a 2-3MPG gain. In towing situations this consumption goes up to about a gallon every 75 miles optimally, but the 2 MPG gain is retained.

#11 ·
Thank you very much. This is what I really wanted to know. Also, thanks again for everyone else input...it was appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.