Diesel Place banner

Snow stage 2 ?'s

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  SnowTech 
#1 ·
I am getting a Snow stage 2 kit. and was wondering how I could set it up so that I could run it all the time to gain fuel mileage. is that possible with this kit?

#2 ·
I don't think so since you cannot adjust the start boost levels. For MPG you need to start from 4 or so to like 20 then jump to power mode.

#3 ·
Yes you can adjust the start pressure of the injection. Now you'll have to use small nozzles to start with and see if you get any mpgs gains. Then start to increase the size of the nozzle to get the optimum economy. You can adjust the start psi all the way down to 1 psi but then your looking at the dreaded "combustion quench" when injecting that early. I've only had that the "quench" happen once after a dragstrip pass lol.

#5 ·
Well it depends on the size of the nozzle you use. the smaller the nozzle the less you inject so you dont get the quench. If you start with a small single nozzle you should be ok to start at 5-7 psi but no lower cause you could quench it. When you order from snow ask to speak with a tech and tell them what your planning on doing which is fuel economy. Then ask them where they suggest you have the start psi set and they'll be more than happy to tell you. They helped me out the first time with my system because I use two of the biggest nozzles they offer but mine are for sled pulling and racing:D. Never really used it for economy:rolleyes:.

#8 ·
Why did ya'll redesign them the old controllers work just fine I've had mine since 2006 early 2007 and it has yet to get me any trouble and I love being able to adjust it to my liking with just the turn of two screws lol. NOOOO I want the old controllers back I'm looking to put a stage two kit on my 2002 Duramax but not unless ya'll have a old controller laying to go in my kit when I order it.

#9 ·
What is this quench? You all speak of?

#10 ·
"Quench" happens when you inject to much water/methanol in at to low of boost basically. Mainly the water. What happens is you inject to much water in at ignition of the Diesel and it kills the fire which in turn causes quench and shuts the engine off. That maybe to extreme of an example but maybe you'll catch my drift. Same thing as putting water on a fire

#11 ·
Oh ok so its just a name for shutting down motor when too much water gets there from watermeth man i love this place

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.