Diesel Place banner

Jet A Fuel

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  marcdeluca 
#1 ·
I have happen to come across getting this fuel at an awesome price. But the question is can I use this in my truck. Its Jet A or Jet A-1 Im not sure which on it is yet. And what would yall recommend if I should run it or not. Maybe even like a 50/50 mix or something too. Let me know what yall think and or no by experience.

Thanks
Dan

#3 ·
Actually GM is the only manuf that warrants the use of Jet-A. They do so b/c they use it as a multi fuel in the Military, and the military runs primarily GM's. I guess it eats up seals in pumps on Fords and stuff. Jet-A doesn't lube the same as diesel, so adding some TWC3 2stroke oil is a good idea. I've ran it before. Seemed to get a couple less MPG's but the price was right.

#5 ·
Its basically just a more refined version of diesel.

#6 ·
I had ran alot of it with no probs, definitly use 2stroke oil at least a quart/tank. do not use jetB it is mixed with gas for cold climet op.

#7 ·
It is probably about the same as #1 diesel, this would account for less mpg since it is a bit lower in btus. Another option if you can get it would be to add biodiesel to improve lubricity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.