Diesel Place banner

Water mist injection

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  lotsofmiles 
#1 ·
Bill Heath has a kit for the6.5 that uses straight Water, no methanol. Be honest with me, what are the dangers of systems like these? I don' want to kill my truck or damage anything so I'm gonna go out on a limb and ask.

What say you guys?

#2 ·
On the dyno, I gained 13-16 rwhp with straight water FWIW. Make sure the water is distilled and you should be fine.

#4 ·
Water won't hurt the motor. It will reduce EGTs. Only caution is to add some alcohol in the winter time to keep the system from freezing. Vodka works, but adding methanol may be cheaper. The addition of methanol adds additional horsepower due to the energy in the fuel. It's all good.

Jake

#7 ·
Awesome. Thanks guys. And the water wont react with the alluminium intake manifolds and rust them? I know the CDR throws a miniscule coating of oil along the manifold itself so that will defer the water but that wont be an issue either.

You'll have to excuse my lack on knowledge on this - most people think :eek: when the idea of water being introduced into an engine. I'm one of those people right now.

Also, I do tow but for the most part the truck is used on the highways empty. This wouldn't do any damage right? Just straight water?

And yeah naturally I would have to add alchohol to avoid freezing. Vodka? Seriously? :lol:

#8 ·
Awesome. Thanks guys. And the water wont react with the alluminium intake manifolds and rust them? I know the CDR throws a miniscule coating of oil along the manifold itself so that will defer the water but that wont be an issue either.

You'll have to excuse my lack on knowledge on this - most people think :eek: when the idea of water being introduced into an engine. I'm one of those people right now.

Also, I do tow but for the most part the truck is used on the highways empty. This wouldn't do any damage right? Just straight water?

And yeah naturally I would have to add alchohol to avoid freezing. Vodka? Seriously? :lol:
I dont know about booze, I'd personally stick to meth.

Also, I dont spray any for the first few minutes, let the truck get up to temp first. Then about 5-10 before shutting off the truck I turn off the meth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.