Diesel Place banner

water?meth straight wire ????'s

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jugghack2 
#1 ·
ok, I'm sending in the boosts controller for my meth kit and I was wondering if it would be ok to straight with the pump to a toggle till it get back. I have like three or four races left this season and I really need my w/m. Bad thing is I have two coming up this week, Thursday and Saturday.. so will it hurt anything?

#2 ·
No one? Someone please chime in. I'm hoping my control box will be back but if it isn't...I'd like to know if this is safe for the system and most of all my truck.

#3 ·
It would probably be fine if you turn it on right when you are spooling up. I would just be concerned about it bogging down the engine on the lower rpms, I know mine does when you hit the test button when idling. Not sure if it will do that off idle, IIRC I hit 100% at 1500-1600 rpms.

#4 ·
You Have To Be Very Careful About When To Turn Off. You Can Watch Your Boost Gauge And Flip The Switch At About 12-15 Psi. That's The Easy Part, The Hard Part Is Turning It Off I Would Say About 3 Seconds Before Throttle Lift. That's My Advise Hope It Helps

#5 ·
998 cu race engine we drive it with Hobbs pressure switches and as the boost goes up the water comes on at a predetermined time and comes down the about 3 psi lower then set point. the more switches in the system the more control of flow with seperat solinoids for every stage

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.