Diesel Place banner

Bigger pre-pump hose?

8K views 52 replies 5 participants last post by  Shaman 
#1 ·
Some WMI companies have said that bigger pre-pump hose will be easier on the pump. Is anyone running larger than the 1/4" tubing for the tank to pump line?

Been looking at 3/8 fittings and nylon hose and it doesn't seem to be that expensive.

#12 ·
Interested in where you bought them, and what they are made of and the pressure rating. I spent a while on Ebay last year (out of the country, everything I can find here isn't the right material) and I had to buy the hose in 25-50 ft lots. FIttings were 150 psi rated, but that doesn't matter because it was under vacuum

#13 · (Edited)
for the line from the tank to the pump I'm using some plastic fittings from lowes. I have been told that the meth may just weaken the seals in the fitting and I might have to replace them every couple years. We'll see. At under $5 for a 3/8 npt - 3/8 od line fitting, I'll give it a try

#15 ·
yes, just all plastic.

I'm not going to run them after the pump because noone could tell me what psi they are rated for.

Lowes has them in both 1/4 inch quick connect sizes and 3/8 inch. With both 1/4 npt or 3/8 npt threads. They have ones like the link you posted, quick connect on both sides, tee's, and on offs

#19 · (Edited)
Something like that came with my OLD Devil's Own kit. First pump(100 psi modded by me to 140), brown controller, and the tank tap was the 1/8 NPT version of that.

I don't know if you would definitely need bigger hose after the pump. The hose is made for that pressure, but the vacuum before the pump, especially if using a filter, is what I was worried about reducing. Hop on ebay and see what fittings you can find. I think most of the fittings I found were 150 psi rated.

There are some 150 psi rated fittings in 3/8 NPT to 1/2 hose, no reason to stay at 3/8 if you can go bigger.

If you talk to snow as much as it seems you do, have you asked them about bigger hose? I will see what AIS says. I am talking to him about a 2.50 psi pump to replace the dinosaur I have now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.