Diesel Place banner

Water/meth and tuner?

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Pro Stock RCR 
#1 ·
If I wanted to run water/meth on my truck, what do I need to do? I normally run my edge on level 1, sometimes 3... Will stage 1 always have to be on to burn the water/meth?

THANKS!!!

#2 ·
Well buddy you can run water/meth on a stock setting if you want to. Where ever you see the best milage on the edge is where I would run it and then the water/meth on top of the milage setting and you should see pretty good mpg's. I only use distilled water in mine for pulling and racing to keep EGT's down. I can't tell you if it helps any with mpg's on my truck.

#4 ·
Price some distilled water and meth before you say that. Don't use tap water or WW fluid

#8 ·
From what I read in a different thread by lotsofmiles, ww fluid has a bunch of contaminates that aren't listed on the label.

#10 ·
by the time you pay off the water meth kit and keep filling it its not worth it. I was going to install also, however not for mpg but for keeping egts lower.

#11 ·
I agree, it doesn't save you any money. That being said I love mine and would buy one again in a heart beat.

#15 ·
I saw gains right around there as well. Even then for the cost of the methanol and the distilled water I still didn't make money on the deal. That being said, who could complain about the extra power?

#14 ·
I just bought the labonte stage 3 kit but not for the mpg, just to keep those egt's down. Mpg will be a bonus

#18 ·
if you run a amsoil oil bypass kit the conaminates drop like a bad habit.

i have been useing ww fluid with the by pass filter and it grabs so much my oil levels have stayed the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.