Diesel Place banner

Home Made Water injection

4K views 16 replies 3 participants last post by  jugghack2 
#1 · (Edited)
Has any one made there owne?
looking to make a 3 stage setup for my truck.
I have a plastic 7 gal horizontal tank frame mount 3 hobbs switches set for 15, 19, and 23 psi as well as 3 solinoids good for 152psi thinking of running unijet TN style nozzles and Semi plastic air line to plum the system wondering what type of pump I should look at (Flow Jet, SureFlow, Labonte) and weather or not anyone thinks the system will work or not?
trying to build somthing for arround 250 dollars rather than 500 witch is normal for a 3 stage or vaiable system.

#5 ·
Any Idea of what Model ?
I can order it localy at cost price but if I order it wrong I'm stuck with it
I decided on Unijet Nozzles TN Style as Recomended by Mack Eng.
http://en.spray.com/Products/General_Purpose_Nozzles/UniJet_Nozzles.aspx
Welding the tip retainer to the air to air pipe allowing to change nozzeles with ease
He recomended 3 stage for drivability wondering what pressures to fire them at
I have juice/att lvl6, 4" duels, afe II, ZF6 Stick with a CPMac SMF/SDC, stock turbo and thinking about Big Head Gate or PPE valve

#7 ·
3 solenoids are only 90 bucks total and Hobbs switches are 27 each nozzles are 50 each
Can build the system for under 400 CND and I can Fix it if it ever gives me trouble and asfor adjustment there will be lots maby not as easy as a dash mounted screen but much less prone to failure beeing there is no controler

#10 ·
mine putting one of each in a bag and shipping them to me? Something to think about if you are gonna go your way, is the pump. Are you sure that the solenoids are methanol safe? What fitting are you gonna use to connect the hoses? If you are set on the hobbs and solenoids, then you need to find a pump that will stay under the 152 psi rating, and nozzles. I think the on-demand pumps that most kit makers have switched to can be taken down to about 150, but you would need to ask a kit company to make sure. If you are not gonna buy a pump from a vendor, you should talk to shuflo and see what pumps they recommend for what you are doing.

#11 ·
No Methanol in My Eng Distilled water only and as for the mine Methanol is iligal to bring underground to flamable
nozzles are ok The Mack Eng. (the Brain behind Killer Mack Look it up on youtube)
uses them with 400 psi CO2 bottle pushing water out of a stainless steel tank down hyd style hose with Ball Valves and EGT Pyros to Fire solinoids
the Hobbs I have in my hand and will be getting the solinoids any day will be mounting them all on one plate and pluming them in from a central location to keep wiring to a minimum 3 wires going to the Rig and 4 hoses
Gnd, Control Power, Pump Power all from one Arming switch in cab (relay's to isolate)
Plate should be no more then 6X8X2.5
hosing I'm thinking of is Genreal use plastic Air line from Semi Truck and brass fittings to go with.
as for the pump All I need is a part number or model type and I can go from there as any on-demand pump has a pressure setting and can be lowered to shut off at a set max rather then running it flat out and seeing what it can build
adn if pressure is the concern then the extra fine spray tip nozzles I was Recomended should counter the effect of lower pressure while flowing the same water

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.