Diesel Place banner

Injectors and water meth

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Blitz636 
#1 ·
Just curious to know if I do 40% injectors will I still be able to get a Water Methanol injection kit. Trying not to blow up my motor and have heard that water meth will help lower egts, wich will reduce the risk of blown motor. What does everyone think. Pros... Cons....:rolleyes:

#3 ·
The water Meth will help with EGTs, but that's not always the reason for motor failures. Cylinder pressures are just as deadly as EGTs and H20 won't do anything about that. With proper tuning 40% injectors can actually aid in saving a motor at increased HP. Getting more fuel in quicker can reduce the need for excess timing, and reduce EGTs by reducing injector on time beyond TDC.

#4 ·
I have 60% injectors and still run water meth. No problems so far. Injectors let you run less pulse width and timing which your motor will thank you for and the water meth will knock down the egts.

#5 ·
I wasn't trying to imply that the H20 wouldn't be effective, I'm sure it is, I was just saying you don't need it just because of the injectors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.