Diesel Place banner

water/meth fuel mileage gains

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  lotsofmiles 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a water/meth system for my lbz mainly for the fuel mileage benefits. I dont tow too often and my egt's aren't getting too high. I do have an edge race and that has helped some with fuel mileage but i am always looking for better mileage. What mileage benefits have you all noticed with the installation of a water/meth system?

Thanks

#2 ·
The biggest thing I noticed with Meth injection was how much it helped with IC heat soak. When it's really hot outside, and/or you're putting around town, and need/want to stand on it :)D) it it cools off the air charge to the point like it was much cooler outside.

Granted this was on a turbo'd car... but same principle. I didn't notice any mileage gains tho.

#3 ·
Yeah I've been hearing that there's not too much mpg gain on water systems I've been looking into them myself but can't find solid info showing the improvements unless Im looking in the wrong areas.

#5 ·
Mine jumped a lot 3-4 mpg on my old setup. With my current set up I see about a 2.5 mpg gain.

#6 ·
I got 2-3 MPG better with W/M, but it burns through meth to quickly to be cost effective. Now if diesel were say 5.50 a gallon like last summer it might be a better deal. Now that being said I have my pre injector turned off and I just use the main injectors based on boost level/Labonte's programming. I'm using a 50/50 mix and it adds a good 50HP at the wheels when I'm at WOT.

#8 ·
Did you do any custom tuning with EFI of just run your normal tune?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.