Diesel Place banner

propane won't WORK

3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  01Duramax6spd 
#1 ·
I JUST BOUGHT A ATS PROPANE KIT AND IT WONT OPEN THE FLOW CONTROL VALVE, IT HAS POWER TO THE SOLENOID AT 2.5 PSI OF BOOST AND CHECKED IT WITH A TEST LIGHT WHEN I WAS GOING DOWN THE ROAD AND THE TURBO STARTED TO SPOOL. IT HAS THE LIGHTEST SPRING IN IT AND I HAVE EVEN WENT AS FAR AS TO CUT DOWN THE SPRING TILL IT JUST BEARLY HOLDS THE VALVE CLOSED WITH I JUMP THE PRESSURE SWITCH AND YET STILL DOESNT WORK WHEN I GET IT SPOOLED UP TO 25 OR SO LBS.OF BOOST.:mad::mad::mad::mad::help::wtf: ANYONE HAVE ANY HELP

#7 ·
sorry for the bad luck :( but you have just learned a lesson about ats. they are out for themselves and their own profit. good luck. personally i would go for a full refund and research another brand.
WOW......Maybe you shouldn't jump the gun anymore. To throw in a kick like that with nothing to add other than " Well..I would PERSONALLY go for a full refund" tends to backfire and make you look like a total idiot to everyone reading this. Congratulations!!!!! You sure showed us!!! ):h

Thanks for the info! WELL I FEEL LIKE THE BIGGEST A_S I TOOK EVERYTHING APART AND THE FITTING THE I HAD THAT WENT RIGHT INTO THE INTAKE TUBE A PIECE OF HAD PIPE TAPE OVER IT BLOCKING THE PIPE HALFWAY!!! DUMB DUMB
THANKS AGAIN DMAXFIREMAN,CTAMBLIN,DELONG 1

P.S. IT DOES RUN GOOD AND DID ADD SOME FUEL MILEAGE
Glad you got it figured out. If you have any questions at all, dont hesitate to shoot me a PM. I'll get back to you ASAP.

#5 ·
I can only speak from my DIY experience with propane on my GMC.

From what I can see from the advertisements, other than heating the propane, they use a similar concept with a LP flow valve, that I used.

With the engine OFF, I tested my flow of propane by "BRIEFLY" by passing turbo switch - putting power to the Valve should open it - releasing propane.

More info on this is in my thread "DIY propane injection kit" in this forum

Good Luck - I am very happy with my very similar kit.

#6 ·
Thanks for the info! WELL I FEEL LIKE THE BIGGEST A_S I TOOK EVERYTHING APART AND THE FITTING THE I HAD THAT WENT RIGHT INTO THE INTAKE TUBE A PIECE OF HAD PIPE TAPE OVER IT BLOCKING THE PIPE HALFWAY!!! DUMB DUMB
THANKS AGAIN DMAXFIREMAN,CTAMBLIN,DELONG 1

P.S. IT DOES RUN GOOD AND DID ADD SOME FUEL MILEAGE

#10 ·
lets all forgive and forget?? that is something that can't be undone. like like sleeping with another mans wife then expecting him to forgive you down the road and be friendly with you in the future. i have no respect for people like that and detest them. that way i saw it your products were not selling as good as others, so ats went and taddled on the companies that had better sales... who-ever wrote that letter and approved that it be sent out needs to grow up. win like a man lose like a man. PERIOD! whats done is done and i still maintain my opinion and will continue to pass it on.

#16 ·
yeah I agree ATS is a bunch of punks.... I e-mailed them trying to get a discount because I am a U.S. Marine and they didn't even email me back.... they are way to proud of there junk...

#17 ·
wow, they probably get thousands of emails every week, it's inevitable that a few won't get answered. I know they have a military discount, just shoot bryan a pm on here, or give them a call. I promise you it was not because they are too proud, that is the most ridiculous thing I have heard, and I know their shipping manager is a former marine, and they have a few other military men working for them that are all good guys. I have met them at some of the pulls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.