Diesel Place banner

cheater water inj.

3K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  keith_2500hd 
#1 ·
hey i know ever one out their isnt all stock for the street diesel class of pulling trucks. so what i want to know,and i bet 5 bucks i wont get a stright awnser,is their any way to to use water inj. on a lly.
i dont want to use meth. just the water to cool down the egt's. any idels??

i was think about using ice in the inter cooler would melt slow and help cool it.
also thought about making some type of co2 fogger system. if you have played paintball you know co2 gets cold.

#4 ·
Water injection can be done no doubt. Could you purchase a water meth kit and just run straight water? This is what I plan to do. Remember, cooling the air with water will give you an increase in power.
Not entirely true. Cool air just makes for lower egt's. It does allow you to up the fuel a little to make up for the egt's you got rid of and make more power but if you don't add more fuel to the fire, it doesn't get any bigger right? This is why guys inject water/meth to fuel the fire more and still keep egt's in check without touching their fuel tables.

#6 · (Edited)
yeah that was my thougth. and yeah im talkin about making a co2 fogger for the inter cooler,if this works guys i will have me a mill. just setting in my hand :) haha

yeah i know nos gets cold,to much money,co2 is cheap

#8 ·
yeah but thats the whole point of this post,cheater water inj. im tryin to down the egt's with out running a water meth setup! because rules say i cant have water/meth! or stright water. thats y i was thinkin co2 fogger!

#9 ·
yeah but thats the whole point of this post,cheater water inj. im tryin to down the egt's with out running a water meth setup! because rules say i cant have water/meth! or stright water. thats y i was thinkin co2 fogger!
The results with a water mist or Co2 onto the IC will be negligeable. There will be a change for the better for sure, but the question is weather or not it'd be worth the time. Also, something to keep in mind, if you are spraying Co2, remember that if you're doing it while the engine is running there is a chance that it can be pulled into the engine inlet, and choke out the fire.

#10 · (Edited)
yeah i thougth about that that y i was also thinkin of running the air filter all the way down under the intercooler,well not really under it just lower that it.

co2 is a gas it will rize,but im not really for surehow im going to do this.yeat!

i was just tosing out ideals

#11 ·
Actually, I believe Co2 is heavier than oxygen, I could be wrong there, but if I remember correctly...

#19 ·
You are correct...CO & Co2 are both heavier than Oxygen. They have a carbon atom attached. A good example of Co2 being heavier is when you see dry ice in water or root beer, the gas spills over the container and onto the table or floor. Some of the speed of the "fall" is because it's cooler than ambient air, but heavier nevertheless.

#12 ·
idont know on this one i know for sure its a gas. i thought all gas rizes! heck who knows i have been out of school to damn long for this one! they told me one day i wiould need this crap,and guess what. i do. but what do you think? think it woudl keep me around 1500 egt's were putting it all the way over to 2000.

#14 ·
well done called and showed up with it and no can run! cant a guy get a brake!

#15 ·
ive seen guys shoot the outside of the innercooler with nos.

#16 ·
How about a nozzle before the turbo run off of your washer fluid pump? I am guessing that you will replace turbos more than every 100,000 miles, and it would be a cheap way to get the mix in without a pump. If you got it hot enough it should atomize pretty well before it gets to the turbo. Keep the methanol mix high, and hope they don't sniff your washer tank.

#17 ·
pre turbo i would want alot more pressure than the windsheild squirter can provide JMOP

#21 ·
im not doing this to cheat,with the tune i have,i have to have something to help with egt's. i dont want the meth,just the water,they wont let me have it. so i was just tryin to come up with new ways around this. thats all. their is nothing in the rules about C02.
oh well im goinna give it a try. let you guys know as soon as i try it.

#23 ·
If you are worried about your egt's and the tuning, you might want to seek help on the tuning aspect or don't sled pull. I don't know too many guys who sled pull and watch their pyro long enough to to make an informed decision as to either back out during the pull or just say "F it". I for one have never looked at my pyro when pulling because in the end I wasn't letting out because of my egts.

Awe, come on Josh...I wanted to see pictures of what happens to the compressor wheel. I bet it would look neat, might sound cool too! :rolleyes:
Are you saying it looks cool after it blows or while it blows? I have seen my 4 blown up turbos after the fact and they can be interesting and a crowd in Missouri Valley, Ia was lucky enough to see chunks of exhaust wheel shoot out my exhaust:eek: followed by a fire ball :D of course this wasn't because of water on the compressor wheels.

#26 ·
well i cant really say,what will happen. all i know is if we drive it one the street crusing its fine,but when you hammer on it,the egts jump right up over 1500. oh well

#28 ·
i do the tuning! and the truck is pretty much stock has a ATS,LIFT PUMP COLD AIR.
it needs the better turbo inlet,from the lbz,pm me if you wanna know more

#31 ·
Does the truck smoke heavily continuously? Because if it does you can pull some pulse-width to reduce wasted fuel and EGT. The smoke doesn't make any more power...what is your main pulse-width at WOT?

#29 ·
i had a thought the other day when i was out in the garage, what if you put a tee into the line for the windshield washer sprayers and a valve and then just used the pump to inject water or whatever without having to purchase much and still look very stock, just a thought i had. any thoughts on this?

#30 · (Edited)
Cry02 makes an intercooler fogger that does exactly what you want. It does it with co2 just be careful not to let the co2 into your intake or it will blow out your candle lol.

For example....

http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp?m=sp&pid=5

And for the sake of argument co2 (carbon dioxide) is heavier than air and co (carbon monoxide) is damn near equal to air.

#32 · (Edited)
it dont smoke,its the right kinda smoke,the gray haze kinda smoke. i can back it down but i dont want to. i like the power! thats y i was lookin at some type of water inj. or a fogger for the cooler

d*mn thats a nice c02 kit

#33 ·
design eng makes an inline intercooler, similar to water/air intercooler that goes inline to the intercooler sprayer bar. what about running one of those put nozzle prior to cooler input and route discharge into exhaust downpipe to carry CO2 away from engine and driver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.