Diesel Place banner

whats the difference between propane and nitrous

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  WHTDMAX06 
#1 ·
ok guys jus wondering whats the difference between a shot of nitrous and a shot of propane? which is better? or any info between them

#3 ·
Propane is extra fuel, nitrous is extra oxygen.

Like WHTDMAX06 said - search and do some reading.

#4 · (Edited)
ill try some searchin but i know their not the same... i know propane is a fuel and nitrous is a gas... .... which is better for a quick shot of power or is propane even used for a shot of power i always thought propane was used only as a fuel for better milage... my friend was tellin me about propane and how its like nitrous... jus askin to see what he was talkin about

#5 ·
Propane enables the engine to utilize more of the oxygen that it pumps. That's why it makes more power, it isn't just because of introducing more fuel.

#6 ·
Like marc said with propane efficient= more power. Propane adds power and economy if you are looking to do a 1/4 mile pass a bit quicker then nitrous is your poison but if you are looking for a consistent power increase and better fuel efficiency then I would talk to marc about a propane.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.