Diesel Place banner

Milkey colored water meth

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Labonte MotorSp 
#1 ·
I just got my labonte water meth and I was at the track and bought some methonal and then added water. When i did it turned a milkey white color, is this normal?

#2 ·
I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to do that... I've been mixing straight meth and distilled water and mine stays pretty much clear or kinda like carbonated water. I don't know why yours did that.

#3 ·
Yeah I dont believe its suppose to get a milky color. Im guessing the meth your getting is clear? Also are you using tap or distilled water? Ive been mixing my own from a drum of meth and distilled water and its never changed color. Saw somewhere before to tell if your meth is still good the 50/50 mixure should get warm when ya mix it.

#4 ·
I haul 50/50 meth mix for pipeline testing, 7000 gal at a time. It is usually milky. I assume it is from impurities in the water. I don't think it would be a problem. If the water was good enough to drink before you added the methanol, I would let my truck drink the mix!

#5 · (Edited)
I haul 50/50 meth mix for pipeline testing, 7000 gal at a time. It is usually milky. I assume it is from impurities in the water. I don't think it would be a problem. If the water was good enough to drink before you added the methanol, I would let my truck drink the mix!
Thats not the best idea. All those impurities is going to leave deposits in your engine. A quote for Bob The Oil Guy "Do not spray tap water into an IC engine that you care about."

#6 ·
Why don't you guys just run washer fluid?

#7 ·
Cause its looking like they are makeing it wth tap water. Lotsofmiles has been getting some Oil Anyalis done running WWF and he was getting some high Aluminum, Silicon, Sodium, Potassium, and Magnesium readings.
Here`s that thread.

#8 ·
Ya it was tap water

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.