Diesel Place banner

Nitrous or Turbo.. What are the pro's and con's to both applications?

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  CHEVY052500HD 
#1 ·
I have been wanting to go with a aurora 4000 and my stock turbo but It costs so damn much.. Nos is always an option though. With my set up I want to push the envelope a little more without destroying my motor. Should I wait and focus on twins or go ahead and NOS it up...

#2 ·
I'd wait and do the twins, my 2 cents, two of my buddies ran on the bottle for a while and then took it off and upgraded chargers, before a backfire:eek:

#3 · (Edited)
there is one video that will put you off of NOS, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCNZfUO0cLY
Basically he hit the wrong stage of Nitrous and completely destroyed his turbo, and his block too I believe

PS. I know, its a Cummins.

#9 ·
running about a 100 shot of nitrous. If set up properly it can benefit your truck by lowering EGTS down considerably. If you just do a simple 100 shot set up with a hand activated trigger I dont see it being that big of a deal. One thing that I like about my bottle is I can turn it off and lower the HP of the truck for the street. What I dont like is filling the bottle up after every 3 passes. Money aside it would have been a turbo, but for $400 I ran a 12.4 so far in the quarter not to bad.

#10 ·
Nitrous is a safe and effective way to make extra power for the track when setup properly. Nitrous is not flammable or explosive, it won't blow up a diesel engine when used properly.

I have made hundreds and hundreds of nitrous passes without a single problem, with some of the passes adding in excess of 250 horsepower. Get some good advice and study how you want the system to be setup, you have a bunch of options. Start small and test small changes. Have fun doing it and enjoy the extra power.

Throw out any conception of a gasser system as shots are meaningless. Also, call it nitrous, not NOS as NOS is a brand name... ;)

#11 ·
I ran nitrous .80 jet on my truck with propane and a ppe hot tune. Had no problems when I ran it briefly, just didn't continue because I really didn't want to blow up my engine LOL cause ppe didn't recommend stackn both with their tune. Now I have efilive but money is tight to keep refilln the bottle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.