Diesel Place banner

CNG and Methanol Mix

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Labonte MotorSp 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if you can run CNG injection with a methanol injection system? Is it safe? Can you run 50/50 mix of methanol or straight water? Im ordering a CNG injection system from PDI for my 07' cummins and was wondering if I could run both.

Any information or help would be appreciated! Thanks

#2 ·
Before you go with PDI, I recommend you go checkout delucafuelproducts.com. I have been running Marc's CNG system since Sept 2008. Articles of the system and testing results are also in MrTruck.com and in the Diesel Power Challenge. Straight forward system and it works great.

#3 ·
Does anyone know if you can run CNG injection with a methanol injection system? Is it safe? Can you run 50/50 mix of methanol or straight water? Im ordering a CNG injection system from PDI for my 07' cummins and was wondering if I could run both.

Any information or help would be appreciated! Thanks
With CNG or propane keep the meth mix at 25% or lower and you will be fine. Running straight water you can lower EGTs and pick up some torque, but not much hp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.