Diesel Place banner

Got my Labonte system coming, couple questions

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Bowtie Boy 
#1 ·
Well got the D3 system coming and have a few questions.
Is the controller display the same as the VCS3D mention in the post below?
Any best option for nozzles? Wondered if it comes with different nozzles i guess?
Good instructions on best nozzle location or would there be a better location?

Thanks for your time and help.
Brian

#2 ·
Youi'll like the kit. I installed mine a couple months ago and really like it. Right now I'm still experimenting with settings, trying to cut my water/meth consumption.

I can take some photo's of where I installed everything, when I get back home in a few days. I think my install was pretty clean. Labontes instruction are really good. The only thing I did different from his instructions though, was to wire the system through a relay, and switch so I can turn it on and off. His instructions have you wiring it to a key on hot, so it would alwasy be on when the truck is running. There are times when I don't want the system running.

#9 ·
I understand why you did it but you can just select the nozzle sizes to (none) and it effectively shuts off injection while still watching the display for the guages.

#3 ·
If you have the vcs-3d system, it doesn't matter if it is on or not, it reads the injector duty cycle to decide when to inject, you can idle all day long and it still won't inject anything. I run a m1 nozzle for preinjection and two m12 nozzles for the main injection. Look at my garage if you want to see everything installed.

#5 ·
If you have the vcs-3d system, it doesn't matter if it is on or not, it reads the injector duty cycle to decide when to inject, you can idle all day long and it still won't inject anything.

Yes, I have the VCS-3D system, and I am fully aware of how and when it is injecting, and I'm pretty sure I never referenced injection at idle. I know what it looks at to start preinjection, and I even know how to adjust that! Imagine I did my homework before buying and installing my kit.

I'm am just saying there may be times when you don't want the system active at all. When those times arrive it's nice to just flip a switch off. Maybe when you run out of fluid on a long road trip in the middle of nowhere, or maybe when your wife is just running a 5 minute errand.......get the idea?

#4 ·
Thanks for the great info guys. Will check out your garage later. Good info on the way the VCS3D system works. I was hopeing this is what came in this kit but not sure. The text in both look the same so just guessing on that. Will know later this week.

Brian

#6 ·
Well got the D3 system coming and have a few questions.
Is the controller display the same as the VCS3D mention in the post below?
Any best option for nozzles? Wondered if it comes with different nozzles i guess?
Good instructions on best nozzle location or would there be a better location?

Thanks for your time and help.
Brian
The DIS-S3 comes with multiple nozzles to allow different setups based on your hp range. The instructions have been recently updated and have photos of where to install nozzles on various trucks.
Let me know if you have other questions, glad to help.

#8 ·
Nah, got a custom tune from Dmaxtuner, much better with faster turbo response.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.