Diesel Place banner

Best place to mount water meth nozzles

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  serpa4 
#1 ·
I just bought my water meth kit and it will be here tomorrow. So my question is where do I put the nozzle? Before the turbo, after the turbo, before the intercooler or after the intercooler. Can someone maybe post up some pics of your setups?
Thanks,
Derek

#2 ·
I put mine inbetween the intercooler and turbo. I have a pic posted somewhere on here. Ill see if I cant find it.

#4 ·
Cant seen to find it. Ill take one tomorrow.

#6 ·
I was hoping you wasnt going to bring that up. I was really disappointed in that game. It wasnt that we got beat but we going our a$$es hand to us in the frist quarter. I was throwing crap around the house.

#7 ·
Yeah i got so much crap while i was there. But I did party with a lot of Alabama fans while i was there pretty much all of them were good people.

#9 ·
Post intercooler is my preference. I didn't want water going into the blades of a 100,000 rpm turbo, didn't want to try and get water to stay vaporized and not puddling in the intercooler. I believe most mfg suggest putting in intake manifold post turbo post intercooler. I put mine in the aluminum manifold after the intake heater and also in the hard platic elbow post intercooler where it attaches to the aluminum intake tubes.

#10 · (Edited)
I did mine after the turbo so the water meth doesn't erode the blades like others have mentioned. Here's a pic:

#12 ·
here is where i located my boost line and nozzles...I also double backed taped my controller to the fan shroud. Hope this helps

Attachments

#13 ·
Yes, that is where one of my nozzles is located.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.