Edge Evolution Racing CTS updates - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Second Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Second Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners Discuss 2004.5-2005 LLY Duramax engine electronic upgrades including chips, tuners, programmers, etc.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Randy_the_Hack

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2019, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Randy_the_Hack
Administrator
Mister, your truck's smoking...

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Edge Evolution Racing CTS updates

Hi guys...

I'm running a Racing CTS in my '04 LLY, been running it for several years now, and it's been a really reliable tuner and monitor. Does anyone know why the gear indicator shows 1-5 then shows the TC lock, when it's actually 1-4 then lock then 5?

I'm wondering if I'm down level on my firmware for the tuner/monitor. Anyone notice this?

'04.5 Silverado 2500 HD LLY/Suncoast Allison Dark Spiral Gray Metallic, EC/LB LT 4x4, leather, Nerf bars, Edge Racing Evolution CTS, AC Delco stock filter w/TxC CAI, ProFab Performance intake tube, LBZ Kodiak turbo mouthpiece (see Rick's flow bench test results here), Diamond Eye Turbo Downpipe, EGR blocked (fingerless), PCV rerouted, Silverline 4" 409SS, All Headlights mod , HIR lows and highs w/SilverStar fogs, OnStar, Du-Ha USS, ARMA spray liner, DrawTite Activator II, VentShades, Lund Genesis Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, Pop-n-Lock tailgate lock, Bilstein 5100's, Merchant Automotive tie rod sleeves, Fleece Performance TapShifter, Michelin LTX M/S2 245/75 R16

"Suppose I were a congressman. And suppose I were an idiot. But I repeat myself..." - Mark Twain
"Life is hard. Life is harder if you're stupid." - John Wayne
"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt." - Anonymous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2019, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Randy_the_Hack
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_the_Hack View Post
Hi guys...

I'm running a Racing CTS in my '04 LLY, been running it for several years now, and it's been a really reliable tuner and monitor. Does anyone know why the gear indicator shows 1-5 then shows the TC lock, when it's actually 1-4 then lock then 5?

I'm wondering if I'm down level on my firmware for the tuner/monitor. Anyone notice this?
FYI, I checked for updates/upgrades to the firmware for my tuner, and I'm currently up to date... same behavior. I fired off an email to Edge to see what they have to say - I'll post their response here.

'04.5 Silverado 2500 HD LLY/Suncoast Allison Dark Spiral Gray Metallic, EC/LB LT 4x4, leather, Nerf bars, Edge Racing Evolution CTS, AC Delco stock filter w/TxC CAI, ProFab Performance intake tube, LBZ Kodiak turbo mouthpiece (see Rick's flow bench test results here), Diamond Eye Turbo Downpipe, EGR blocked (fingerless), PCV rerouted, Silverline 4" 409SS, All Headlights mod , HIR lows and highs w/SilverStar fogs, OnStar, Du-Ha USS, ARMA spray liner, DrawTite Activator II, VentShades, Lund Genesis Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, Pop-n-Lock tailgate lock, Bilstein 5100's, Merchant Automotive tie rod sleeves, Fleece Performance TapShifter, Michelin LTX M/S2 245/75 R16

"Suppose I were a congressman. And suppose I were an idiot. But I repeat myself..." - Mark Twain
"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt." - Anonymous
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2019, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Randy_the_Hack
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_the_Hack View Post
FYI, I checked for updates/upgrades to the firmware for my tuner, and I'm currently up to date... same behavior. I fired off an email to Edge to see what they have to say - I'll post their response here.
It turns out Edge really did not have any updates per se for my tuner. It's old enough (I guess) that they're not changing anything. I did wind up with all sorts of disclaimers displayed 5-6 times on my tuner after the update... most likely an EPA thing. No tune changes, no other issues resolved I know about.

I'm left with this odd situation with the Gear PID on the CTS. When I'm in standard transmission mode (not T/H mode and not ODLO), you can watch the gear display 1, 2, 3, 4 as it's shifting through the gears. Then, when the T/C locks up, it shows 5, then when the truck shifts into 5th, it displays the lock.

When you're in T/H mode, the gear displays 1, 2, then lock, then 3, 4, and 5. This accurately displays the transmission shifting behavior.

It's a nitpick, but it's wrong... and it's the same now with my new built transmission as it was before the transmission grenaded. Edge claims nobody has reported this, which I find hard to believe.

Oh well...

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in