Duramileage - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Second Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Second Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners Discuss 2004.5-2005 LLY Duramax engine electronic upgrades including chips, tuners, programmers, etc.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
usaf_rigger
Block Heater

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Duramileage

I am thinking about getting the Duramileage flash tuner, does anyone have any experience with this one?

Predator set on 60hp
4"MBRP exhaust from down pipe back no kitty!
PPE race FPRV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tanc Crusher
Diesel Ninja

INDP Member

Don't know anything about them. Just that if the same they are a supporting vendor here. I search the site for the name and see what you come up with.

Brian

Future: SDP S475 Twin Setup is here-install 6-18-11. On board Air with Side Step Tube Air Tanks, Custom Bed Fuel Tank and Water/Meth Tank.
New Toy: 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Red and all stock for now.

Check out: My Garage for pics of the Truck, Mods, and Toys.
UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
blctalon
Glow Plug

Do a search in the 3rd or 4th generation (can't remember) electronics and you shall find a thread there that will help you decide if you want the Duramileage or not.

My father was searching on the internet for his LB7 and ran across it. After he told me what it claimed to do mileage wise I said BS, after reading the threads here on it, I was right.
TXCAI
PCV Rerouted
EGR Blocked
Predator 2.02
Valair Ceramic Dual Disk

Last edited by blctalon; 03-02-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2010, 11:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
krh522
Diesel Fanatic

I've been running it for a few months now. I read the reviews and went into it fully expecting to not see 4-7 mpg improvements as claimed so in that respect haven't been disappointed with it. The duramileage tune itself has given me a 1.5 to 2.5 mpg increase and driveability is actually pretty good. I only switched it to the 80hp tune a few days ago so can't say much about it yet. Also has a 40 & a 100 that I haven't tried yet either.
Dark Blue 2005 CC/SB - 2WD - EGR deleted (ProFab) - PCV Rerouted - LBZ Kodiak MP - Diamond Eye down pipe - Gibson dual exhaust (no kitty) - Carter lift pump setup - EFI Live by Nick @ DuramaxTuner - SunCoast 5 to 6 speed - Transmission built by Circle D - Pimpin PYOs - Bumpers designed and built by me - Lots of Line-X - Pioneer DVD head unit - Digital Designs subs and amps (custom enclosure) - Autobot
1982 K20 - 6.2 - Automatic - Bought it with 43k original miles - Completely done in tan bedliner by me - She's a tank - Try to keep her on the road for another 30+ years!
Old 09-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
2007LBZDuramax
Glow Plug

sorry krh522 kind of a late post here but i have a buddy that is really interested in this tuner for mileage. what mileage are you getting with it not shown in the truck(DIC) but calculated long hand, highway/city. Also does the chip improve performance much in the 100 hp setting? i figured you would have some good info being you have owned it for some time now. Thanks
Old 09-07-2011, 12:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
krh522
Diesel Fanatic

I'm not running that tuner anymore (switched to EFI Live). My truck got pretty poor mileage stock (15-16) and the 50-80 hp settings on that tuner got me 16-18 mpg. Power wise it was actually pretty decent for the money...not as fast as trucks with a PPE but beat out some with Diablo, Hypertech, and the like. EFI has been much more consistent on mpg and make superior power. The Duramileage really wasn't bad in my opinion but, I would highly recommend to go with an EFI tuner on this site (Duramaxtuner, IdahoRob, Kennedy).
Dark Blue 2005 CC/SB - 2WD - EGR deleted (ProFab) - PCV Rerouted - LBZ Kodiak MP - Diamond Eye down pipe - Gibson dual exhaust (no kitty) - Carter lift pump setup - EFI Live by Nick @ DuramaxTuner - SunCoast 5 to 6 speed - Transmission built by Circle D - Pimpin PYOs - Bumpers designed and built by me - Lots of Line-X - Pioneer DVD head unit - Digital Designs subs and amps (custom enclosure) - Autobot
1982 K20 - 6.2 - Automatic - Bought it with 43k original miles - Completely done in tan bedliner by me - She's a tank - Try to keep her on the road for another 30+ years!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
2007LBZDuramax
Glow Plug

alright thank you my friend has hypertec and was running around upper 16s in town and he took it out to return to stock and his mileage has been going up sense almost 19 yesturday with mild driving. he has 4 in strait pipe. afe inlet tube. banks intake and i believe thats it. he just purchased the duramileage yesturday being there was a big sale on it something around $115 and the sale ended yesturday, but he was concerned that there would be little to no improvments if his truck was gaining mpg with no chip. He does tend to drive very hard so he was hoping the 100hp tune from the duramileage would be a step up from the 80 on hypertec.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
JK Callahan
Gear Grinder

Duramileage Update

I run the Duramileage 70 tune on my 06 DMax 4x4 CC LB. Very impressive tune. The truck runs extremely smooth and returns 21 - 23 mpg on the highway and towing our 8200lb camper at 75 mph on rolling hills returns 11 mpg.
My truck rarely ever comes out of 6th gear unless I hit a steep grade. It has improved my power significantly and added 3-4 mpg for my truck.

Good luck with your search.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Go Postal
Gear Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Callahan View Post
I run the Duramileage 70 tune on my 06 DMax 4x4 CC LB. Very impressive tune. The truck runs extremely smooth and returns 21 - 23 mpg on the highway and towing our 8200lb camper at 75 mph on rolling hills returns 11 mpg.
My truck rarely ever comes out of 6th gear unless I hit a steep grade. It has improved my power significantly and added 3-4 mpg for my truck.

Good luck with your search.
Newbie here and this is my first post.

JK Callahan,
One and a half years later, are you still impressed?

Reason I ask is I ordered from Diesel Domination their "EZ tuner" / DURA MILEAGE programmer October 28th 2014 after watching a 1/2 dozen of Steve Shelly's U-Tube videos.

I received a e-mail order confirmation and a thank you.

Today Nov-17 I have it in my hands after 4-5 phone calls to "Arron" requesting a tracking number.

During the order call I mentioned My truck Has a dial on the dash with 5 or 6 positions that change the power from mild to HOLY CRAP! I also said I just bought the rig in August and have no info about the dial.

He said to leave it on the first setting (Meaning stock) and the tunner would read the stock program, Install the EZ tuner programs and work but to leave the dial alone from then on.

I transport R/Vs for Horizon Transport near Elkhart Indiana and can not have this truck setting for optional lengths of time.

Ordering the tuner instead of sending them my ECM for the less exspensive route of having them flash their tunes in and return my ECM over 7-10 days was the motivating factor in laying down my credit card info and shelling out the big bucks. (Hey, If you knew what little we get paid after buying fuel and watching the wear and tear on a faithful old mule, ya might understand how many miles those tires have to roll to pay for this stuff.)

So today I Go off the morning dispatch board and attempt to install,download,flash, YADA,YADA this wonder product.

5 hours later after dozen of attempts to start over as prompted when it could not "Read" my ECM and while making 4-5 calls to Arron at Diesel Domination for help as I watched multiple long run transports disappear from the afternoon dispatch board, I finally get through.
Now after buying and waiting for it, and now as my idle rig is loosing money as a man cave, it turns out that if my ECM (Or whatever it's tech name is) has a nonstock "Flashed" tune installed. Hence the two wires from the dial on the dash that go to the ECM harness next to the drivers side battery.

He then said after consulting his tech Ron, I have 2 options;
1.Take to a chevy dealer and schedule a appointment to have the ECM flashed back to stock. Then take another day off, hang out at the local bow-tie dealer, pay the Chevy dealer happy dance bill, then restart the EZ tuner download/flash.
2. Remove the ECM, box it up, mail it to Diesel Domination and they will clear the tunes and reflash back to stock and then flash their tunes into it and mail it back 7-10 days.

HUH?..........Should some note at anytime in their sales videos or ordering process should it been mentioned that the EZ TUNER is not capable of reading and tuning, around and/or restoring a tuned ECM?

I discussed Option 2 but could not get an answer to a refund for the unneeded tuner because I am going to send the ECM to them which was much cheaper option at the very beginning of this dance.

I then called time-out with Arron and said the six-pack....(Errrrr was it a 12 pack)......... of Miller Lite was wearing off and the red in my country boy neck was starting to glow and I am leaning toward Option # 3; making a refund request on their "Satisfaction" guarantee .
Thanked him and said, "Talk to Y'ALL tomorrow"

Then cracked another Miller Lite and Yahoo searched EZ tuner reviews/issues and I have landed.......here.

Reply's, thoughts, sarcasm, etc welcome.

"Like a lamb to the wolves........"

2006 LBZ 3500 Crew 4X4

5" stainless exh
K+N
"Live wire" ? dial, but programmer unknown (Bought rig used)
"Air-Lift" adjustable bags.

Last edited by Go Postal; 11-18-2014 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
D maximus
Gear Grinder

Duramileage

Would Anyone recommend the Duramileage Programmer on My 2006 GMC D-Max?? Thanks, Dave

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in