Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/)
-   First Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/3-power-performance-tuning/77-first-generation-duramax-electronics-tuners/)
-   -   LB7: Spade Jack Tuner?????? (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/3-power-performance-tuning/77-first-generation-duramax-electronics-tuners/580290-spade-jack-tuner.html)

glasinski 02-10-2014 04:24 PM

Spade Jack Tuner??????

Anyone have the spade jack tuner??? I just ordered 1 today and hope I didn't jump the gun and mess up!!!! Is it any good, insight....?????

thebiggids 02-10-2014 06:12 PM

You'll be happy with it...most are with duramax tuner. All though I would of personally choose Rob or Tony or Kory or Bob before Nick.

blkdmax05 02-10-2014 10:59 PM

Moved to first gen electronics

shotgunbob 02-12-2014 01:24 PM

Glasinski,

I can personally guarantee we can offer the best customer service out there and the truck will drive/perform as good if not better than anything on the market. I write all the tunes and will help you dial anything in on the truck you need. We also have 10 people working here to ensure you get everything you need. -Bob

thebiggids 02-13-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shotgunbob (Post 5736842)
Glasinski,

I can personally guarantee we can offer the best customer service out there and the truck will drive/perform as good if not better than anything on the market. I write all the tunes and will help you dial anything in on the truck you need. We also have 10 people working here to ensure you get everything you need. -Bob

You guys do some good tuning it seems from a few trucks I've rode in. But when I found out you guys did smoke tunes I lost a little respect for you guys.:(

shotgunbob 02-14-2014 10:55 AM

thebiggids,

That is understandable you are entitled to your opinion and I can respect that. -Bob

glasinski 02-15-2014 06:20 PM

so I got the spade tuner installed and it is awesome!!! my only complaint is that it is very easy to throw the transmission into limp mode I have done it twice now once in race tune and also in sport tune! does anyone have any advice for me??????

thebiggids 02-16-2014 12:41 AM

Yeah turn it down lol. What HP tunes you get? Might have to move the clock ring so you can't use the bigger tunes lol

glasinski 02-16-2014 01:10 PM

I have the tunes supplied from duramaxtuner.com it goes economy, heavy tow, light tow, sport, and stock trans race. 60hp, 40hp, 80hp, and 100hp for the race tune. someone told me to drive it for awhile and the computer and tranny will self adjust to the tunes, is this true???? and should I just leave it in optimized stock economy tune????

shotgunbob 02-18-2014 06:20 PM

glasinski,

The torque converter must have some wear and tear on it. How many miles are on the trans?

The 100hp tune in most cases is not going to throw the trans in limp mode unless the trans has either high miles or hard miles on it. I would recommend running tune 4 most of the time, or locking the truck out of O/D in the race tune.

As for the trans relearning I would give it 100-200 miles of mixed driving to completely learn the new tunes. It may hold the bigger tune a little better after that but if its limpimg it easily I wouldnt expect and miracles :)

Id be more than happy to turn the race tune down for you and email you that update if you would like. -Bob