HELP! just installed Hypertech now brake and antilock lights are on? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > First Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

First Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners Discuss 2001-2004 LB7 Duramax engine electronic upgrades including chips, tuners, programmers, etc.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2005, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
05king
Glow Plug

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

HELP! just installed Hypertech now brake and antilock lights are on?

Just installed the program everything was fine and the dummy lights came on! Stopped the truck and shut it off. Started it back up lights were off, drove it about another 2 miles lights are now back on! Could the programmer be doing this? Break fluid is full and the truck ha stops fine. Good pedal etc. Any ideas please? Was headed out on a long trip tomorrow.

1970 Ford Torino GT fastback, 429, 500HP.

2002 GMC 2500HD Crewcab, SB 4x4. 5" exhaust, predator, Edge w/Juice. 8" fabtech lift, 37" MTR, Cheyenne Weld rims, AFE air box. SOLD

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2005, 04:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
partsguy662
Diesel Mythbuster

Send a message via ICQ to partsguy662 Send a message via AIM to partsguy662 Send a message via Yahoo to partsguy662

Did you reprogram your tire size by chance? Sounds like an abs issue...

Old 11-03-2005, 05:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
ratlover

You reprogram to your correct tire size?
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2005, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
05king
Glow Plug

yes I did reprogram for the 37" tires trying to correct the speedo!

2002 GMC 2500HD Crewcab, SB 4x4. 5" exhaust, predator, Edge w/Juice. 8" fabtech lift, 37" MTR, Cheyenne Weld rims, AFE air box. SOLD

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Unit453
Diesel Ninja

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

CNY Diesel Club Member

Armed Forces Club Member

Hypertech's tire size "calibration" or whatever they're calling it is OFF. I have been running 285's since new. I plugged in the tuner, programmed for 33's and now the speedo was off by 6....6 reading higher....It was reading 6 slower before. Anyways, I had to pretty much plug and play. I went with 31.25 with the tuner and now its off by 1 slow. I can live with that. I'm too lazy to plug it back in and re-do it. I will however here just as soon as the snow starts flying.

Old 11-03-2005, 05:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
DURAMAX6.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05king View Post
Just installed the program everything was fine and the dummy lights came on! Stopped the truck and shut it off. Started it back up lights were off, drove it about another 2 miles lights are now back on! Could the programmer be doing this? Break fluid is full and the truck ha stops fine. Good pedal etc. Any ideas please? Was headed out on a long trip tomorrow.
Did you make sure everything was off when you were programming? I have programmed mine several times and have had no problems. When you programmed your tire size did you measure the rotation of the tire and divide by 3.1416 to get the correct size? Just some thoughts
Old 11-03-2005, 05:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Unit453
Diesel Ninja

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

CNY Diesel Club Member

Armed Forces Club Member

Hypertech is known for minor glitches like that. I've had a few issues from them before. They will reprogram it for you if you call'em.

Old 11-03-2005, 05:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
05king
Glow Plug

Ya everything was off, doors closed, stereo off etc. I didn't do the real measurement of the tires, just put in 37" tires. Its close with my Attitude. Maybe I will just put in the stock size tires again with the program and see what happens. I'm worried because according to the owners manual if both light's come in , assume crash position and pull over and call a tow truck. I need to know that I will have breaks.

Old 11-03-2005, 05:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dirt Dog
Diesel Head

Make sure that the fuse for the On Star is pulled too!
Old 11-03-2005, 05:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
05king
Glow Plug

No onstar. So you guys think that this is a programming issue and not a true break issue??????? I am going to unload it tonight in the parking lot and drive it home and see what happens.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in