LML: Sudden filter life drop - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Fifth Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Fifth Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners Discuss 2011+ LML Duramax engine electronic upgrades including chips, tuners, programmers, etc.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2019, 12:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Joshmcc87LML
Sparkplug Hunter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Sudden filter life drop

So I recently just tuned and deleted my truck 2016 LML 40k miles ( with in a few days) CAT / DPF delete with race pipe, Anarchy mercenary level 2 SOTF tune , AFE intake , resonator delete and PCV reroute and pusher intakes “hot and cold” intercooler pipes ( egr turned off but still in the truck) while on level 4 ( no lift pump required) I was on the high way and I went WOT ( not the first time since the tune) and my fuel filter life went to zero from 25% , no loss of power
Now I have read some threads and i came across one with the same issue but then it went off To another subject about algae.
I reset the filter to 100% and went WOT but it stayed at 100% and again no loss of power.. I plan on changing the filter tomorrow .... thoughts? My mechanic said stay away from lift pumps unless you are want to go over 700hp.

AFE intake , resonator delete and PCV reroute
pusher intakes “hot and cold” intercooler pipes egr turned off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2019, 08:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
D_R_C
Diesel Superstar

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Your mechanic theory about only needing lift pumps if you go over 700hp, is ridiculous.
I’d seriously consider finding another mechanic.

I have a AirDog 100 LP with adding about 40hp, probably didn’t ’t really need it but lift pumps provide positive fuel pressure, which makes it easier on the stock fuel system.
Having a LML with the cp-4 this should/might help from having future fueling issues.
Search and read up on problems with the CP4 vs CP3, it’s very costly converting over to
the CP3, that’s what most LML owners have said they are doing.

Adding more than about 80 hp with out a lift pump you’ll eventually have fueling issues.

Changing the fuel filter is probably a good idea to start, adding a liftpump would be even a better idea.

EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
AirDog 4G100
DHD PCV Re-route

2007 GMC Yukon Denali "BLACK" 6.2 gasser, DIY stock airbox mod, K & N OEM drop-in, Airaid intake tube, EFILive TCM tuned

Last edited by D_R_C; 04-28-2019 at 08:23 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in