LML and LML Powerpuck $.02 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Fifth Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Fifth Generation Duramax Electronics/Tuners Discuss 2011+ Duramax engine electronic upgrades including chips, tuners, programmers, etc.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2011, 02:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Pushed2DMax
Clutch

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

LML and LML Powerpuck $.02

Just put a power puck on my Denali. Here are my thoughts.

Installation: unplug the fuel pressure sensor and plug it in. About five minutes. Does not require fuel shims, but they come in the box. Tech support has no idea why.

Power: Seems pretty good. A bit more than I expected. Truck basically feels a lot lighter. I wanted to get an idea of how much fuel the box was adding, so i got an a long very flat stretch of freeway, set the cruise at seventy, and reset the DIC at different settings. I let the dash take a thirty second average. Stock I get 21MPG under the same set of conditions. With the knob turned down, the DIC reads 23 MPG. With the knob maxed, the DIC reads 28 MPG. Of course these numbers are not correct. It just gives an idea of how much unaccounted fuel.

Engine Noise: Defiantly more chatter as expected. Even at cruise, you get a faint consistent growl. I donít really like the sound at cruise. Its a bit nagging.

Adjustability: It has a small knob adjustment to mound under the dash. It doesnít seem like you can turn it all the way off. I wish you could though. The small amount of power doesnít justify the noise. Iíve been probing around with the multi meter. I may have to add the feature.

Other: With it turned all the way up, it causes problems during regen. I found this out on accident. At WOT, during regen, the truck will surge, buck and kick. I'm almost positive I was draining the rail. I would try to confirm this, but I won't try it again on purpose.

Overall: Its defiantly worth $300. It will hold me over until efi live remembers who got them where they are (when hell freezes over), or PPE releases their offering after SEMA. Even then, I may keep it to stack with a daily driver tune. Any power struggles creep up; just turn it up.

I have a friend that loves messing with me in his tuned Cummins since the LMM's been gone. Its the first time he's been in the same area code. He knows its short lived, he just doesnít realize it will be tomorrow.

Thoughts on the 2011 trucks.

Pros: The chassis if phenomenal. The interior is awesome. Stock, the truck is silent. It feels beastly.

The Denali package makes women throw themselves at you. ( it really does, I'm serious)

Cons: The DPF is killing me. I hate the lack of low end power. The peddle feel sucks. The CP4.2 should be called a CP2.2.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2011, 02:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
THEFERMANATOR
Diesel Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushed2DMax View Post
It will hold me over until efi live remembers who got them where they are (when hell freezes over),
EFILIVE was around back in the OBD1 chip burning days, so the DURAMAX isn't what got them where they are. Diesels are but just a portion of there business as MANY tuners out there use them for gassers, probably more than use them for diesels.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Pushed2DMax
Clutch

Sorry, It's my $.02. I'm not looking for an argument. I would be willing to bet that the Duramax has been very good gor their buisness though. That's not really the point of the thread.

Still it's painful not having efi live support.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2011, 04:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
8100 Power
Diesel Kingpin

Send a message via AIM to 8100 Power Send a message via MSN to 8100 Power

TN Diesel Place Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushed2DMax View Post
Just put a power puck on my Denali. Here are my thoughts.

Installation: unplug the fuel pressure sensor and plug it in. About five minutes. Does not require fuel shims, but they come in the box. Tech support has no idea why.

Power: Seems pretty good. A bit more than I expected. Truck basically feels a lot lighter. I wanted to get an idea of how much fuel the box was adding, so i got an a long very flat stretch of freeway, set the cruise at seventy, and reset the DIC at different settings. I let the dash take a thirty second average. Stock I get 21MPG under the same set of conditions. With the knob turned down, the DIC reads 23 MPG. With the knob maxed, the DIC reads 28 MPG. Of course these numbers are not correct. It just gives an idea of how much unaccounted fuel.

Engine Noise: Defiantly more chatter as expected. Even at cruise, you get a faint consistent growl. I donít really like the sound at cruise. Its a bit nagging.

Adjustability: It has a small knob adjustment to mound under the dash. It doesnít seem like you can turn it all the way off. I wish you could though. The small amount of power doesnít justify the noise. Iíve been probing around with the multi meter. I may have to add the feature.

Other: With it turned all the way up, it causes problems during regen. I found this out on accident. At WOT, during regen, the truck will surge, buck and kick. I'm almost positive I was draining the rail. I would try to confirm this, but I won't try it again on purpose.

Overall: Its defiantly worth $300. It will hold me over until efi live remembers who got them where they are (when hell freezes over), or PPE releases their offering after SEMA. Even then, I may keep it to stack with a daily driver tune. Any power struggles creep up; just turn it up.

I have a friend that loves messing with me in his tuned Cummins since the LMM's been gone. Its the first time he's been in the same area code. He knows its short lived, he just doesnít realize it will be tomorrow.

Thoughts on the 2011 trucks.

Pros: The chassis if phenomenal. The interior is awesome. Stock, the truck is silent. It feels beastly.

The Denali package makes women throw themselves at you. ( it really does, I'm serious)

Cons: The DPF is killing me. I hate the lack of low end power. The peddle feel sucks. The CP4.2 should be called a CP2.2.
Hey, someone else noticed...

I feel your pain.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pushed2DMax
Clutch

Just got back from the dealer getting updates today. I took it in for frequent regens. The truck runs a bit better now. I was curious so I put the puck back on and timed a 0-60 run with an edge monitor. In 2 wheel, it ran 6.2 seconds.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
bigblackdmaxx
Clutch

How is it as far as smoke goes? im assuming theres not alot since you have your dpf on but is it noticable?
EFI by IdahoRob

Ive been a duramax guy since i was 16
Old 09-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mike L.
Supporting Vendor

No smoke in mine but the exhaust tip is a little dirty; not much though.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pushed2DMax
Clutch

No smoke here. The dpf works way too good. I'm sure it would without it; I regen every 100 miles with it on high.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
polaris448
Freeze Plug

I just installed this and when it is turned all the way up it dies like the fuel pressure drops way off. Does either of yours do this? If I have it turned down to about 75% everything is fine. I have about 7800 miles on the truck. Do you think that the fuel filter needs to be changed? Any other ideas why it is falling on it face at wot?
Old 10-05-2011, 12:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Pushed2DMax
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris448 View Post
I just installed this and when it is turned all the way up it dies like the fuel pressure drops way off. Does either of yours do this? If I have it turned down to about 75% everything is fine. I have about 7800 miles on the truck. Do you think that the fuel filter needs to be changed? Any other ideas why it is falling on it face at wot?

Mine does it too. I unplugged my dial and still had the problem. With the dial unplugged, the puck is supposed to be passive. With the puck out, It won't do it.

I just leave mine on 75% because it just works best there.

I called tech support. They were less than helpful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in