Diesel Place banner

ABS, Brake light and Service trailer brake system lights

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  tony d 
#1 ·
Started the second week of this trucks life. Edge on the truck on level 0 and grade braking lights came on. Took off Edge and drove around stock with lift installed. No problems, installed PPE and when getting on the freeway lights came back on twice in 2 weeks. Return to stock and no problems for 2 weeks. Now EFIlive installed and when getting on the freeway lights come back on both test drives. Anyone have this problem???

#2 ·
Well I changed a few things around... We will see if this helps or not... Post tomorrow............

#3 ·
Let me know what you find out. I've got a Hypertech installed on my 2007 2500HD duramax and have a similiar problem. After trying different settings by changing stage, tire size, etc..I still get the check brake system alarm.

One thing I did do different is put in 4.56 gears which might be throwing everything off. I'm looking for that right setting to not set off the check brake system alarm.

Thanks!

#4 ·
I changed back to stock tire size and im now on the second day of driving and light has not come back on yet..

#6 ·
EFILive reprograms the ECM. I believe your problem is caused by the ABS controller. If there is a big difference in the wheel speed signal that the ECM sees vs what the ABS controller see, you will set a code. Dealer might be able/willing to reprogram the ABS controller for larger tires. It's worth a try. :D

#7 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna check with the dealer and see if it's possible. I'm running it with 37's and lifted 8 inches with those 4.56 gears. Everything was great until I replaced the gears.. Once the gears were installed that's when the ABS alarm started coming on. I bought the Hypertech to change the config in the computer hoping the error's would go away. I'm changing tire size, etc.. and expecting the alarm to not trigger, but after a while of driving and hitting certain speeds it still alarms..

One question, if I can get the dealer to update the computer will that affect the hypertech progammer in any way? Or will it just pull down the new config and be done with it?

Thanks!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.