Medium Duty manifolds and up pipes - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Other Performance Discussion
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Other Performance Discussion Anything not covered by the other performance forums.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2009, 12:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
SteveFord
Diesel Pro

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Medium Duty manifolds and up pipes

What size differnce is there on the up pipes from a stock d-max set to a medium duty set like off a topkick? Just wondering how much bigger they are as I know the manifolds have a sweeping turn to the back side of the engine before they bolt to the up pipe. Any info would be appreciated.

Fass
TTS 30% over injectors by HPD
Tuning help from IdahoRob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
STROKE THIS DMAX
Diesel Boss

Badger State Diesel Club Member

Midwest Smokers Member

FWI.
The kodiak manifolds need to be modified before you put them on your truck. The drivers side manifold hits the cab, so you either have to modify the manifold or beat in the cab alot.

2004 Chevy CCSB LLY

Built motor by Curtis H.
Tuned by Robert O.

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2009, 12:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
hildebrand
Diesel Fanatic

i have access to a set of kodiak LLY manifolds and was wondering if they will give me any more power, and if they really do make an improvement?
Air Dog 150
S&b intake
LBZ cp3 and regulator
PPE race fuel rail valve
Drilled out fuel fitting
5 inch to 7 inch mitre cut stack
LBZ Mouthpiece
USA TRANS. Stage 4 w/ Dacco Billet conv.
Stock Motor Died- July 2010
New Motor being built
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWtYlj7KrIo Burnout video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2009, 12:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
SteveFord
Diesel Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKE THIS DMAX View Post
FWI.
The kodiak manifolds need to be modified before you put them on your truck. The drivers side manifold hits the cab, so you either have to modify the manifold or beat in the cab alot.
Thanks for sharing the info!
Fass
TTS 30% over injectors by HPD
Tuning help from IdahoRob
Old 02-20-2009, 01:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
randy5.0
Glow Plug

I have a porta-power you could use.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
CurtisEmery
Glow Plug

I have a set for my new motor I will take a few measurements and pix today and post them later on.
Red 2003 Chevy D-max 2500HD, 5" single stack by me, Airaid intake, Autometer Gauges, Crank It Up Diesel center link and tie rod sleeves, LazarSmith monster traction bars! E-Locker, All Season Service Drive shaft loops and pulling hitch
ENGINE: SoCal Diesel- stage 2 heads, push rods, rev kit, camshaft, 60% over injectors, harmonic dampner,billet injector hold downs, Crower rods, 16.5:1 mahle forged pistons, ARP head, main and rocker studs RidgeRunner Diesel- "Moonshine" tuning and DSP5 PPE- dual fueler, Intercooler ATS- Billet Flex Plate, T4 turbo pedestal, Engineered Diesel 2.8 turbocharger Banks- boost tubes. RDL ProFab- Proflow headers and up-pipes Custom Tony Burkhardt 5" intake + Engineered Diesel air knife
TRANSMISSION: Mike L. billet shafts, tranny cooler and custom torque converter, Built by SchultzyAll Season Service SFI tranny blanket.
Click here for the Ontario DP Club!
www.greatlakespull.com
www.cotpa.com
Old 02-20-2009, 12:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dmaxmoe
Diesel Head

That would be awesome. What did you have to modify to make them fit?
Quote:
I have a set for my new motor I will take a few measurements and pix today and post them later on.
06 GMC SLT CC SB LBZ, Studded, DP Billet 2.6Stg 2, RDL Manifolds/Ups, AllSeason EGR Delete W/Grid Heater, Adrenaline SS Y-Bridge, Alligator Performance IC Tube, DE DownPipe, 4" BD Turbo Back (no cat), DSP5, Autometer Cobalts, PCV, Airaid, FASS 150, Nicktane, 4" Rancho, CalTracs, SC StageIV/w1056, T-Case Brace, Yukon Grizzly, HD Tierods, Cognito PISK, 35" General Grabbers on Black/Milled Fuel Dunes, Kenwood Head Unit, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" all around, JL Audio 500/1, 300/4, 2 Focal 10" 25A1
Old 02-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Tech
Diesel Kingpin

The firewall needs to be moved rearward on the driverside and if you do that be sure and check the Gas pedal on the inside as that is the area of the firewall that will be moved. Other than that they bolt onto the motor fine. Weather or not they increase the power is open for debate.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
CurtisEmery
Glow Plug

Heres a few pix of the up-pipes and manifolds. There are some side by side shots too. The I.D. of the up pipes is around 1.8" stockers are around 1.6" where they are round. The manifolds have much smoother radii and larger internal diameter. I would go out on a limb and say these should flow better than stock. Will there be a hp increase? I don't know, but they should help with egt's if anything.
Red 2003 Chevy D-max 2500HD, 5" single stack by me, Airaid intake, Autometer Gauges, Crank It Up Diesel center link and tie rod sleeves, LazarSmith monster traction bars! E-Locker, All Season Service Drive shaft loops and pulling hitch
ENGINE: SoCal Diesel- stage 2 heads, push rods, rev kit, camshaft, 60% over injectors, harmonic dampner,billet injector hold downs, Crower rods, 16.5:1 mahle forged pistons, ARP head, main and rocker studs RidgeRunner Diesel- "Moonshine" tuning and DSP5 PPE- dual fueler, Intercooler ATS- Billet Flex Plate, T4 turbo pedestal, Engineered Diesel 2.8 turbocharger Banks- boost tubes. RDL ProFab- Proflow headers and up-pipes Custom Tony Burkhardt 5" intake + Engineered Diesel air knife
TRANSMISSION: Mike L. billet shafts, tranny cooler and custom torque converter, Built by SchultzyAll Season Service SFI tranny blanket.
Click here for the Ontario DP Club!
www.greatlakespull.com
www.cotpa.com
Old 02-20-2009, 02:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
STROKE THIS DMAX
Diesel Boss

Badger State Diesel Club Member

Midwest Smokers Member

I have a set that are modified, but I have to pick them up from my engine builder. I'll post a pic when I get them.

2004 Chevy CCSB LLY

Built motor by Curtis H.
Tuned by Robert O.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in