A/C compressor switch not working after loading autocal tune - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > EFILive Tuning Software
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

EFILive Tuning Software Discuss custom tuning & data logging the LB7, LLY, LBZ & LMM Duramax engines as well as the Allison transmission with EFILive software.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2015, 12:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
premierjax
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

A/C compressor switch not working after loading autocal tune

Hey guys, I just loaded duramaxtuners spade, and am having a wierd issue. My A/C compressor will run with the heat on. I can turn the a/c button off and the compressor will still run. Maybe this is coincidental but after flashing the ECM and wiring the DSP5 switch is when this started happening, Im wondering if I screwed something up? Can this issue be fixed through efi live?

Last edited by premierjax; 02-27-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2015, 06:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
c20elephant
Gone but not forgotten member

The AC compressor will switch on when you have the defrost cycle on, should go off when you turn the defrost.

Last edited by c20elephant; 02-28-2015 at 06:45 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2015, 10:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
premierjax
Diesel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by c20elephant View Post
The AC compressor will switch on when you have the defrost cycle on, should go off when you turn the defrost.
Yeah, it stays on even when def is off, is there a control module anywhere?
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2015, 10:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
THEFERMANATOR
Diesel Guru

If it started with the tune flash, then I would suggest flashing it back to stock and see if it still happens. You may have gotten the wrong tune file which can cause this to happen.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
premierjax
Diesel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
If it started with the tune flash, then I would suggest flashing it back to stock and see if it still happens. You may have gotten the wrong tune file which can cause this to happen.

I was afraid of that. Can you expand on the "wrong tune file"? Have you had this type of thing happen before? I talked to the guys at Duramaxtuner and they said there is know way for this to happen. What Im worried about is flashing the ECM to many times. I hear the LB7 ECM is sensitive.

Last edited by premierjax; 03-01-2015 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
THEFERMANATOR
Diesel Guru

01 trucks aren't normally real picky, but 03-05 trucks are VERY [icky about using the trucks SPECIFIC base file to build the tune off of. Most of the time it results in no A/C, but I guess it could result in the A/C stuck on. As to flashing it to many times, I have flashed my 01 ECM over 200 times so far, and it's still going. It's all a crap shoot, mine could quit on the next flash, and others have flashed them thousands of times. If it is an 01, do not EVER let GM flash it with there software again. That WILL result in a dead ECM. 01's are specific in how they flash, and once flashed with a V2, you should never flash it the OEM way again. MANY 01 ECM's have been lost this way.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
premierjax
Diesel Fanatic

Well I went ahead and flashed back to the stock tune and it didnt fix the problem.....Here is where it gets good, so I tried flashing it back to the DSP5 full tune and the autocal is saying "bad SN! retry". Apparently I have one of the 01 ECM's that is picky and randomly looses its serial #. Anyone have any ideas? I talked to the guys at duramaxtuner and they said Ill have to send them the ECM so they can retrieve the serial #, it will just be some down time but that seems to be the only option.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tanc Crusher
Diesel Ninja

Stock tune and still runs compressor all the time. Since at the time you added the DSP switch possible something came out of place or the pin that turns on the compressor has shorted to another wire. Dont have books on that early generation to know which pin is the compressor controller wire.

The issue on lost serial is beyond me but should get good service from your tuner.

Let us know what it takes to get it all back to running right so this may help others in the future.

Brian
Future: SDP S475 Twin Setup is here-install 6-18-11. On board Air with Side Step Tube Air Tanks, Custom Bed Fuel Tank and Water/Meth Tank.
New Toy: 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Red and all stock for now.

Check out: My Garage for pics of the Truck, Mods, and Toys.
UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in